S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 02-14-2013, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I buy my tires online and have a certain local tire dealer install because he can "reverse mount" on my Volks/Rays rims. The last time I was there he said: "I work a lot of Porsche's, BMW's and such, but your S2000 is the best looking I've seen".
Old 02-15-2013, 07:21 AM

My old college roommate likes cars, but isn't a car enthusiast by any means. He asked to ride in my car and was surprised when I told him it was "just" a 4 cylinder. His brother is a car guy and he wanted me to show him the car the other day. So we're looking at it and my friend is going on and on about how nice it is and all. Then he told his brother about how it "really throws you back in the seat" and said something about 450 horsepower. I just chuckled and jokingly said "if it had 450 horsepower I'd be dead" (backstory is I had just told them how I managed to spin out a couple times during some auto-x events last year, so I've learned to respect the car and leave the fast driving for auto-x).

Same day. I revved the car because his brother wanted to hear it. Another friend who was there goes "It just sounds angry."

My girlfriend (soon-to-be fiancé...seems to be a recurring theme on this thread) plays softball for her college and her mom was asking her if I was gonna drive to one of her away games cause we could ride together if I did. Her mom suggested that we could take my car if it was a nice day. My gf goes "You just want to ride in his car don't you?" She admitted that she did.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:00 AM

i brought home my 04 NFR today and my sister comes up to me and says, "you bought a miata?" *Facepalm*
Old 02-16-2013, 06:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ll1l2l1l2lll
I got a parking ticket at school, the make and model said - Mazda Miata. I went to parking enforcement to argue and they wrote it off since I clearly don't drive a Mazda.
Similar situation with me, but didn't have the time to fight it.....

I get a ticket for failure to signal lane change and on the ticket:

Make: Honda
Model: Civic Convert.

FAIL
Old 02-16-2013, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Arro
Originally Posted by ll1l2l1l2lll' timestamp='1360351839' post='22324159
I got a parking ticket at school, the make and model said - Mazda Miata. I went to parking enforcement to argue and they wrote it off since I clearly don't drive a Mazda.
Similar situation with me, but didn't have the time to fight it.....

I get a ticket for failure to signal lane change and on the ticket:

Make: Honda
Model: Civic Convert.

FAIL
Hahaha omg a civic convertible? That is definitely a winner for sure. I mean I can understand someone mistaking for a miata, but how many civic convertibles are driving around...
Old 02-17-2013, 04:06 PM

Speaking of Civic...I just walked out of Advanced Auto Parts. The cashier was being really nice and talking to me about my car. He then told me he loves S2000's, and I quote, "It's like a rear wheel drive Civic. Gotta love it."

I felt like saying something in response, but he was trying to be nice and I figured there would be a lot of explaining to do. I just smiled and left. Wasn't worth the time.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Simplegreenvr6
Sitting in Strategic Management 434 and class discussion is revolving around the auto industry.

Professor: who drives a Honda?
Me: *raises hand*
Professor: sir, what Honda do you drive?
Me: an S2000 sir
Professor: OK I don't know what that is.... Who drives a normal Honda?
Funny
Old 02-20-2013, 01:35 PM

I was talking to my bro about getting a used S

Me: ill prooly get one with around 100k on the ODO
Bro: how much do they go for? 2, 3 thousand?
Me: i wish...
Old 02-20-2013, 02:56 PM

as i was taking the cover off and putting it in the trunk the other day, a guy walking by says to me "nice car. spyder edition, huh?"

realizing he was just trying to be nice, i just replied "yeah, something like that."
Old 02-20-2013, 03:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ramblin_wreck08
I just walked out of Advanced Auto Parts. The cashier was being really nice and talking to me about my car. He then told me he loves S2000's, and I quote, "It's like a rear wheel drive Civic.
Well... Consider the source.

It has been my experience at what we call "parts" stores these days that the folks there don't have a remote clue what they are doing. All they can do is punch it a model, year, make on their antiquated desktops and hope for the best. If it "doesn't show up" they are lost.