S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 01-25-2013, 02:41 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

1. Girlfriend (soon to be fiancee?) - The other day: "I know you're going to hate this.. but your car is so cute..it's like a bumble bee.. I'll put a hello kitty sticker in it, haha kidding" Me: "arghhhh.."

2. Some passerby in those Smart cars the other day when leaving for work (shy of 50 degrees), I had my top down, yells out at a red light to me, "DUDE YOU ARE NUTS.. YOU'RE GOING TO FREEZE YOU CRAZY IDIOT". Keep in mind I had a jacket on and a scarf, I was born and raised here.. I felt fine. I just shook my head. What's it to him even if I did get sick, I still enjoyed my drive in january here in Chicago having the top down. Meh.

3. Today: We here in Chicago (omgwtf) finally get a light dusting of snow here of 1-2inches, God forbid people cannot drive here, so my 04 with no tcs, I take it out in this weather when traffic was just horrid, drive to the grocery store. The roads are completely unplowed including the parking lots.. shopping cart guy comes up to my door as I parked and said, "holy shit you're driving a s2000 in this weather?" I say, "Uh, yeah why not. Right tires, right throttle response..I don't see the issue" He says, "It's so light, you need sand bags in the trunk!" I say, "Eh.. I'm here for groceries, it'll do just fine" He says, "I suppose, but damn.. my Ford Escape had issues driving in it earlier, be careful man!" I say, "Thanks man.."

"I don't need a computer to tell me about my throttle response.."

Sidenote, driving home from the grocery store, Land Rover flipped over 2 cars in front of me..I literally had to drift around that car to avoid that and the other couple cars in front of me. Eek.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my story was from back in 2007 when I got pulled over. Was not speeding at all, and the cops excuse was I "sounded" fast (had hks exhaust and injen cai, was shifting at 2.5-3k not speeding at all). Came up to my car and said if I knew why he pulled me over, to which I replied " I really have no idea, as I was neither speeding or driving recklessly". He proceeded to ask me why my car was loud and I simply told him it was a Honda sports car. He told me he had an accord which sounded nothing like my car..... I didn't want to make him feel stupid so I simply stated how mine was specifically created for the track/road while his was a commuter car. Well needless to say he was upset and started walking around my car to find something wrong since he couldn't get me for speeding. I didn't have a front plate so he gave me a ticket for that and told me if I fought it he would cite me for plenty of other things on top of that. To make it even better he put my car make as "Mazda" on the ticket... I will never forget that day and how some people cannot understand that sometimes cars do "sound" fast and that they cannot be compared to a 4door saloon vehicle. Other than that I haven't had anyone bother me about the s2k or comment negatively.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by TofuProductions
1. Girlfriend (soon to be fiancee?)

Good luck
Old 01-28-2013, 05:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dolsiac
Well my story was from back in 2007 when I got pulled over. Was not speeding at all, and the cops excuse was I "sounded" fast (had hks exhaust and injen cai, was shifting at 2.5-3k not speeding at all). Came up to my car and said if I knew why he pulled me over, to which I replied " I really have no idea, as I was neither speeding or driving recklessly". He proceeded to ask me why my car was loud and I simply told him it was a Honda sports car. He told me he had an accord which sounded nothing like my car..... I didn't want to make him feel stupid so I simply stated how mine was specifically created for the track/road while his was a commuter car. Well needless to say he was upset and started walking around my car to find something wrong since he couldn't get me for speeding. I didn't have a front plate so he gave me a ticket for that and told me if I fought it he would cite me for plenty of other things on top of that. To make it even better he put my car make as "Mazda" on the ticket... I will never forget that day and how some people cannot understand that sometimes cars do "sound" fast and that they cannot be compared to a 4door saloon vehicle. Other than that I haven't had anyone bother me about the s2k or comment negatively.

I got pulled one night, a Civic hatch kept trying to get me to race him. His car was very quiet compaired to my skunk2 at the time. He keep slowing down beside me then taking off. I ignored him. We came down a hill and the civic took off (again) and i let off the gas to decel as i knew cops were frequent in this area. Of course once i decel my exhaust does the typical loud as balls decel. I see blue lights flash on ahead of me and i'll be damned if that SOB doesn't pull me. Says he "heard me racing". Piece of shit didn't even notice the civic was the one racing down the road. I even tried to explain to him and he shot me all kinds of bullshit and was a complete douche. I got out of the ticket but had to waste an hour and a half of my life at court.

Tip to cops: dont be a prick. if you didnt see shit dont make assuptions. not all of us are fast and furious ricers.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:46 AM

Couple of times while getting gas i've had guys in civic's and integra's and rsx's say you're dad has a nice car and does daddy know you have his car out. Just stupid crap like that. I've just looked at em and said nothing. Just can't believe people hate like that without knowing me or me ever doing anything to em.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:56 AM

@importedpower I totally agree and it's sad that cars get categorized in such a way. The funny thing is most the s2k drivers I know are very conservative and keep the fast driving for track days.

@S2K04 I've also had this back in the day. I bought my 06 off the showroom floor and paid for it 100% out of my own funds. It was very typical for others to be jealous of my vehicle, but I'd usually just tell them if you had a job that aid well you would do the same. Luckily I won't have that problem with my next s2 as I'm much older and s2k's are more abundant now.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:22 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Last month I was heading to the gym to sign in, the guy at the front desk ask, "is that a corvette?" I lol and say no its a honda. The guy respond back with an "oh, never seem a honda like that before"

Last wk I was at a chevron gas station, a guy in his 40s pull up infront of me and ask what kind of car mine is. I told him its a honda. He response back, "it looks like a bmw. Never seem one of those before." I lol.

So I guess there aren't that many s2000 around.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:47 AM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TofuProductions
2. Some passerby in those Smart cars the other day when leaving for work (shy of 50 degrees), I had my top down, yells out at a red light to me, "DUDE YOU ARE NUTS.. YOU'RE GOING TO FREEZE YOU CRAZY IDIOT". Keep in mind I had a jacket on and a scarf, I was born and raised here.. I felt fine. I just shook my head. What's it to him even if I did get sick, I still enjoyed my drive in january here in Chicago having the top down. Meh.
Also here in Chicago and had my top down a couple days ago when it was warm. That guy was being a dick, people gave me thumbs up on the highway haha.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 AM

When I first brought my car home my mother asked me how I was able to afford such a nice porsche

other people i have come across always ask what it is and say how much they really like the car though. They're usually surprised when I tell them it is a honda.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:40 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_S2K04
Couple of times while getting gas i've had guys in civic's and integra's and rsx's say you're dad has a nice car and does daddy know you have his car out. Just stupid crap like that. I've just looked at em and said nothing. Just can't believe people hate like that without knowing me or me ever doing anything to em.
I tell people it is my son's car
Levi