S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 04-02-2012, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
Originally Posted by SlowChemical' timestamp='1333415790' post='21569314
I got pulled over by cops for speeding a little bit on the highway (in all honesty, I was only pulled over cause my K&N sounded louder than a V8 Mustang, I was barely doing 60km/h on an 80 km/h road). The cop comes to my car and starts yelling at me.

Cop: Do you know what you were doing? DO YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS YOUR DRIVING CAN BE? DO YOU THINK YOU OWN THE ROAD AND GET TO DRIVE LIKE THIS BECAUSE YOU OWN A PORSCHE?!!

He left me with a ticket, but if I didn't hold my insane urge to laugh out loud, the cop would've probably got my ass into detention D:
Is that how the law gets laid down in Oman?
Yup, modifying your car is not allowed here, specially parts that are quite loud, exhaust parts can get you into a lot of trouble. I drive an Evo X as well, they once wanted to impound my car cause they thought it was a heavily -illegally- modified lancer.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:53 AM

Went to the Honda dealership the other day, wanted some OEM brake pads.

::getting out of my S, walking towards front door::

Salesman: "Hello sir, nice car. Are you interested in a new or used automobile today?"

Me: :auses for a second:: "What would Honda sell me in 2012 to replace that?" ::gesturing to my car::

Salesman: ::epic blank stare:: "Uhhhh"

Me: "Yeah. Thanks, but I'm just here for parts." ::I walk off::

The sad truth, but hey, I did chuckle a bit at least...
Old 04-04-2012, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by rob-2
Originally Posted by Biohazard' timestamp='1333374132' post='21566900
not that I would ever valet my CR, but I did have to valet my si and both cars have flash pro, valet reported to me when I picked up my Si that something might be wrong because it wouldn't go above 3k rpm. I of course asked him why he was even trying, lol. I got back in my car and reflased back to my normal tune and took off and went up to 8400 before shifting. gotta love the valet tune from hondata when you have to use it. Both my CR and Si have it so you can't ever go above 3k.
I think valeting your car is for chumps. As is leaving your car keys with the parking people.

We once were in a place that 'required' this to park. We didn't attend the event. I left. Wife was a little upset, but after explaining the potential downside to a nice tranny failure tomorrow she didn't bitch.

Not to be rude but there is no way I'm giving a $15-25K car to some $10hour employee. Heck, in all honesty, it's enough I have to share the road with some of you. I see the way these kids drive when they first get the cars. Never seen a track and race around like they know how to drive.

No thank you.

no offense taken, i make significantly more than $10 an hour valeting cars =).
Old 04-04-2012, 10:15 AM

my insurance just called and asked when I was putting my pickup truck back on my account (i daily a accord beater for the winter). the only other car i own is my s2000 which has been off the insurance since January. I am starting to wonder if they actually know what an s2000 is....maybe that's why my insurance is so cheap
Old 04-04-2012, 06:39 PM

subscribed for lulz
Old 04-05-2012, 05:12 AM

Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts

Not just something said, but done as well.

In a small car park in a country village, the other day, I was about to get into the S, when a couple of late 20s something ladies swept in driving a nice 350Z coupe. The driver, as she got out said, nice car, do you want to swap? I replied no, but I'll take you for a drive in it.

She was in the passengers seat, & shutting the door almost as I said it. I didn't go silly, but took her up a nice twisty road into the hills, & back down a straighter one, hitting 9000 a couple of times, passing things in third.

As she got out she was all smiles, & said, boy I've got to get one of these. I know it was the car she was interested in, it's 35 years since a 20s young lady was interested in me.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carrnut21
my insurance just called and asked when I was putting my pickup truck back on my account (i daily a accord beater for the winter). the only other car i own is my s2000 which has been off the insurance since January. I am starting to wonder if they actually know what an s2000 is....maybe that's why my insurance is so cheap
Haha, that is funny. They don't have to know about the car as their system will pull information up by VIN. S2000 insurance is surprisingly cheap, it is a Honda after all and parts aren't overly expensive.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:44 AM

Pumping gas the other day, this woman (mid 40's) walks out of the gas station, and standing about 35 feet away yells over to me across the parking lot

her "what kind of car is that?"

me "uhhhh (dumbfounded she's yelling to me from 30ft away) its a Honda"

her "oh, its gorgeous. did they just come out?"

me "noo, its actually a 2000"

her "its a 2001?"

me "uhh yeah"

her "well it's very mint, you must take very good care of it!"

me "yeah, i do, thanks"
Old 04-05-2012, 07:39 PM

Had a girl tell me my bride low max was the best cuddler she has had....
Also had some drugged out lady ask if my car was a studebaker....???
Old 04-06-2012, 04:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was driving in town with the top down a couple days ago and saw a Tundra weaving through traffic coming up on me fast. Gets beside me, gives me a thumbs up, and says “there aren’t many of those around here”. I really like having a bit of a rare car (there really are only a few in town).