S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 08-22-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

walking into a gas station a teenager comes up to me and says (with a lisp) "nice S" which would fine but when you say it with a lisp it kinda sounds like "nice ASS". disturbing
Old 08-22-2012, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guy at a stoplight the other day...
Him: "Damn nice car! Is it was a 2011 or 2012 model?"
Me: "Thanks! Actually it's a 2000."
He couldn't believe it and he said it looked like a new design.

I hate going to parts stores or the dealership. When I say it's a 2000 Honda s2000 every single time they ask "A 2000 Honda S?"
Old 08-22-2012, 06:32 PM

So I'm not the only one with a 2000 S2000 that has to explain that 3 times at every parts counter...
Old 08-22-2012, 06:37 PM

Agreed on the parts store being confused with my 00"

The most off the wall i got was the older gentleman in a miata waiving for my attention as i turn he yells "TOUGE MONSTER"

I get kicks out of the teenagers and the jaw dropping "WHOAAAA"

One day cruising out on the town i seen an unmarked car weaving thru cars in my rear view thinking to myself am i speeding no ok so and he does not have his lights on, at the red light hes on my tail kinda close light turns green his lights go on so i pull over hand on his gun strolling taking in second glances at the S2000 badge (im a concealed carrier so im used to being pulled over with extreme caution) officer: were you speeding
me: I dunno was i
officer: Your car looks fast
me: ok was i doing something wrong
officer: Yes your driving a stock S2000
me; almost stock
officer: you mind stepping out so i can look at your car
ok it gets boring but basically he pulled me over cause this is the second time he seen this car and wanted info on it and proceeded to ask if i was interested in selling and my answer no i treat my cars like my kids
Old 08-22-2012, 06:44 PM

About a three weeks ago, one of my co-workers walks up to me and says "That is your silver S2000 in the parking lot? Awesome car...". I tell him how I found my ridiculously low mileage 2003 AP1. He just shakes his head and reminds me how lucky I am...

Well, about two days ago I see this brand new red Miata in the parking lot; paper dealer tag and all. When I was walking out the office today, I see who is in the red Miata - same co-worker that commented on my S2K. I walked over to him just as he lowered the top down and comment on how nice his car is. He looks at me and tells me "it's no S2000 like yours"... Wow, best compliment I've had in a long time.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:57 PM

at the gas station...

Me- "$40 on pump 2."

Cashier- Looks out the window* "For the Miata?" then rings up my $40.

Me- "No...S2000...." smh and left to pump.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Toreus
Went to the Honda dealership the other day, wanted some OEM brake pads.

::getting out of my S, walking towards front door::

Salesman: "Hello sir, nice car. Are you interested in a new or used automobile today?"

Me: :auses for a second:: "What would Honda sell me in 2012 to replace that?" ::gesturing to my car::

Salesman: ::epic blank stare:: "Uhhhh"

Me: "Yeah. Thanks, but I'm just here for parts." ::I walk off::

The sad truth, but hey, I did chuckle a bit at least...
I've had this same experience out here in Vegas. It was awkward.

Favorites over the years: "Is that a Porsche?"

Getting my car back from an airport valet I was in line with a snooty couple in their mid-50's. Valet rolls up in their Lexus and then my S2k gets parked in front of them. Husband is dutifully piling her royal highness' matched luggage in the back of their sedan while ogling my car pretty hard.

She gets wind of this while checking herself in her compact, puts it away and says to her husband loud enough for me to hear as I walk by: "It's only a Honda"

My reply: "Whipped..."

Last convo at a DEALER for mandatory inspection while she was still a lease:

Dealer valet pulls up in my car: "She's all done, we changed the leaking front shock, it was covered under warranty, sir."

Me: "Great."

Dealer valet: "And... let's see- He scans the printout- "we changed fluids and rotated the tires."

Me: "You rotated the tires?"

Dealer valet: "Yeah!"

Me: "Give me the keys, son."
Old 09-02-2012, 09:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I always record going to downtown after getting hit by a drunk driver. It's interesting on what the GoPro catches from peoples conversations. I guess he wasn't sure what kind of car this was from far away haha.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...95729660438931
Old 09-05-2012, 08:01 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by helloimsteve
So I always record going to downtown after getting hit by a drunk driver. It's interesting on what the GoPro catches from peoples conversations. I guess he wasn't sure what kind of car this was from far away haha.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...95729660438931
nice haha
Old 09-08-2012, 06:43 AM

Alot of good reading guys. Here in Vegas though we usually don't get those since they are somewhat common compared to some smaller cities. I have yet to get one but am looking at a blue 2002.

I do get alot of questions about my Datsun Z car since it has a V8 in it.