S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 07-24-2012, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TofuProductions
I parked my S with the top down (glove box locked) - my interior is spotless at all times, right out front Panera Bread for lunch, locked the car and as I walked away I heard a very eldery couple (the wife) go, "oh honey, you see that young man get out of that bright yellow sports car?" The husband goes, "yes yes I do, that is a sharp car" The wife goes, "Well he left his top down.. should we tell him??" The husband goes "No dear, he must like the top down." I then turned around and kind of smiled a bit as I tried not to laugh, and I made eye contact with the husband and he just winked at me.

We ended up having lunch together. Turns out, his nephew owns a 2001 s2000 (silver) and resides about 30-45 minutes north of me.
Cool story. Old folks are usually cool and talkative
Old 07-24-2012, 01:55 PM
trP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got an interesting one today. I was sitting at a stoplight in downtown Seattle when this beat up 4 door integra pulled up next to me. This kid sticks his head out of the back drivers window with a blunt and says, "Yo dog your Honda looks like a bimmer!". I was blown away at how ridiculous that was, and he then proceeded to tell me about his "drop top" mercedes that he says looks like a "bimmer" too. Just completely dumbfounded, I thought I'd share this with the community.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TofuProductions
I parked my S with the top down (glove box locked) - my interior is spotless at all times, right out front Panera Bread for lunch, locked the car and as I walked away I heard a very eldery couple (the wife) go, "oh honey, you see that young man get out of that bright yellow sports car?" The husband goes, "yes yes I do, that is a sharp car" The wife goes, "Well he left his top down.. should we tell him??" The husband goes "No dear, he must like the top down." I then turned around and kind of smiled a bit as I tried not to laugh, and I made eye contact with the husband and he just winked at me.

We ended up having lunch together. Turns out, his nephew owns a 2001 s2000 (silver) and resides about 30-45 minutes north of me.

rio/spa stand out anywhere....i love it!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:12 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by ofsalesmen
Yesterday, I had to grab something out of my car at work. There was an empty spot next to me and a Mustang GT pulled into it right as I got to my car. A female coworker gets out of the passenger seat and says, "Now I know who owns that cute little convertible!" I was caught off-guard and said, "Cute isn't the right word, I prefer sporty." She replies, "Oh, I guess you're right" and walks away.

I hate when people call this car cute!
Ask for her number. That's what she wanted.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:42 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Another one today, I was at a Ford dealership today with my little bro, getting his girlfriend's car serviced, I park in the customer parking lot, as I'm getting ready to leave for the day, a sales manager eyeballs my car from afar (I'm still walking towards the car) and yells at me as I open the door, "HEY.. you selling that or trading it in??!" And I said "Definitely no.. not here - but thank you."

Drove off with the top down, I could see his employees come outside as I turn around the corner (driving very easily- not aggressively).

Yes, it IS like that.

It has only been shy over a week of me owning this s2k, and it certainly gets a lot of attention. Usually it's more like "Hrm what is that"
Old 07-24-2012, 10:27 PM

Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts

I had to drop my Triumph TR8 off in town, [25 kilometers from home], to get the air re gassed. My wife works in town & I pinched her car to get home.

I went to pick her up after work in the S, & parked top down in their car park, just out side the front door, beside a Mitsubishi with the company name on the side.

I was talking to the receptionist when a lady went out to the Mitsubishi, got something out of it, then walked around the S 3 times, studding it closely. The receptionists told me the lady was a big boss from head office.

When she came back in, this boss lady announced to everyone with in hearing, "If any one who works here can afford that, pointing to the S, I'm going to have this office fully audited". I don't know what she thought it was worth, but she was obviously impressed. So many people have never heard of, or seen an S.

The receptionist with a grin, pointed out that it was the handsome, retired gentleman, [me], one of the staffs husband, that owned the car
Old 07-25-2012, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by dv55xc
Originally Posted by DDragon22' timestamp='1337795737' post='21723459
Coming home one night, a guy at a neighbors party yells from across the street, "Whoa, thought that was James Bond pulling up".
To the guy: GTFO lol
LOL'd at this!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-25-2012, 12:44 AM

After I sold my s one of my neighbors in my townhouse complex saw me in my new car and asked if I had sold my Mazda and why.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:07 AM

Boss "is that your red sports car in the car park Philip?"
Me "yes"
Boss "you should finally have a girl friend by the end of the week then."

He was wrong.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:26 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipGB
Boss "is that your red sports car in the car park Philip?"
Me "yes"
Boss "you should finally have a girl friend by the end of the week then."

He was wrong.

He is already right though, your s2k is the kind of girl that won't let you down buddy, and won't argue back. You can ride her anytime, and has gorgeous curves.