S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 07-11-2012, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull up to a stoplight in the S, my wife is directly behind me in her fresh off the dealership lot Elantra GT. Guy pulls up next to me, rolls down his window and says, "Nice Car!" Wife wasn't too happy about that.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:07 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm sure that buying a car new off the dealer lot might have some good happy serotonin feelings about it, but really, I just looked it online and I can not get excited about the Elantra body style or styling. The S is a good looking car. Today's mass market products don't do anything for me.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:24 PM

Received 358 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by Miasma
Originally Posted by StormTroopinAP2' timestamp='1342028938' post='21851550
Its all about the respect. To some people, thats more important.
Hahaha
I agree, since i live my life a quarter mile at a time. you know, for that 10 seconds or less...

ok, now this thread is WAY off topic.

darcy
Old 07-12-2012, 07:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skenderbej
Originally Posted by Wolf95' timestamp='1342018991' post='21851048
They all wish they were riding with me!! haha

and my car sounds best between 3-5k. They weren't worth kissing vtec though.. lol

the point was he was jealous, guys... c'mon..

It was all in good humor.
Isn't this whole thread in good humor? haha

I was heading home from Missouri yesterday and I stopped off to see a girl I haven't seen in YEARS (since we dated). The first thing she says when she walked out of her house was, "You have a CONVERTIBLE!!?? That whole night she didn't wanna get out of the car and kept saying she hated me for owning a vert when she's rocking a newer BMW M3... Felt good
Old 07-12-2012, 08:57 AM

Yesterday, I had to grab something out of my car at work. There was an empty spot next to me and a Mustang GT pulled into it right as I got to my car. A female coworker gets out of the passenger seat and says, "Now I know who owns that cute little convertible!" I was caught off-guard and said, "Cute isn't the right word, I prefer sporty." She replies, "Oh, I guess you're right" and walks away.

I hate when people call this car cute!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ofsalesmen
Yesterday, I had to grab something out of my car at work. There was an empty spot next to me and a Mustang GT pulled into it right as I got to my car. A female coworker gets out of the passenger seat and says, "Now I know who owns that cute little convertible!" I was caught off-guard and said, "Cute isn't the right word, I prefer sporty." She replies, "Oh, I guess you're right" and walks away.

I hate when people call this car cute!
I second that. "Cute" does not do this car justice.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3 weeks into owning my s2k and my worst fears came true:

"Cool car is that a Miata?"

Old 07-20-2012, 02:15 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

When your S is mistaken for a Miata, you can blame it on Mazda's better marketing, price point and wider market appeal. It's certainly not an S, the Miata is a fine car for what it is. For the uneducated wide population, most 2-seat convertible sports cars look like the next one and they probably know the MX-5 Miata best.

I haven't had that happen to me yet, but I've had the "cute" comments. I take that opportunity to tell them a brief summary of the S performance characteristics. They then have a better appreciation for the Honda and I have had a pleasant conversation with usually a happy person.

Keep it positive and you'll win more friends or converts that responding negatively.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer
When your S is mistaken for a Miata, you can blame it on Mazda's better marketing, price point and wider market appeal. It's certainly not an S, the Miata is a fine car for what it is. For the uneducated wide population, most 2-seat convertible sports cars look like the next one and they probably know the MX-5 Miata best.

I haven't had that happen to me yet, but I've had the "cute" comments. I take that opportunity to tell them a brief summary of the S performance characteristics. They then have a better appreciation for the Honda and I have had a pleasant conversation with usually a happy person.

Keep it positive and you'll win more friends or converts that responding negatively.

eh, i prefer to be a dick honestly
Old 07-21-2012, 02:15 PM

So its nationals weekend in my home town. Syraucse, Ny. Where we get to drive our lovely S2000's about 4 months a year because of the weather.

I was shooting the S!@&# with a guy who owned a shelby. I pointed to my car (red Ap1) he asked me if it was a miata, natually i explained what it was and its roots all the way back to the s800, he didn't believe me about the performance so i let him drive and hit redline a few times.

He says "holy S@#$! this is way more balls then a miata"

I was HAPPY to see a classic car enthusiast to have so much fun driving a honda.