S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 06-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Waiting to turn out, a girl is literally hanging out of the car: Love your caaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr <voice trailing off like an F1 car>, upper body still completely out the window.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to camping a few days ago.
I woke up and was getting ready to leave the tent site.
A nice gentleman with 2 dogs came up to me and said "you must be a very efficient packer".
I told him "it's not too bad".
Then he said "they stopped making a few years ago right? such a beautiful car".

A lot of people don't recognize this car, but if they do, they know more than you ever expect.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:17 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Had a lady driving a scion Xa stop next to be at a light and I could hear her saying to her husband over and over "omg that car is cutttttte. So cute!. Now THATS a two seater, no reason to have 4 seats in that! It's sooooo cuuuuuute"

I should have revved at her to remind her what cute is
Old 06-29-2012, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a guy come to my house trying to sell pest/bug spraying for some ridiculous amount. When I told him it was too expensive he responded w/, "Come on, you drive a miata...", while glancing over at the S and reading the side badge, "...I mean s2000". I gave him a death stare and I told him I definitely wasn't buying anything as I slammed the door.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 309 Posts

Lol the guy thought a Miata owner had alot of cash? Man people are stupid.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some ricer diesel jetta flew by me on a hwy yesterday.. only to come to a redlight side by side with eachother, light turns green and i vtak'd and beat him, than at a next red light he rolls up beside and says "thats a fast little miata eh?? holy shit"

Old 06-30-2012, 10:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When we were moving in to our new house, our neighbor came over and commented, "Yeah, we used to have a mid-life crisis car too, but we sold it." I was thinking, uh no, this is a whole-life crisis car! If I needed a mid-life crisis car, I would be driving something that would get me laid by someone other than my wife.

I think many in this community forget that most people are not enthusiasts, and we sometimes take ourselves too seriously. In reality, our car is slow in a drag race, and it will always carry the perception that it's girly, or a Miata, or cute.

But, we all bought the car because our insecurities about public perception are trumped by the knowledge that every time we jump in the cockpit and push the red button, something during that trip is going to put an ear-to-ear grin on our faces. Whether it's someone calling it a Miata, or your heart begins racing because you took a corner faster than you should because you knew you could, it's a good day, and a great car.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:27 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by skenderbej
When we were moving in to our new house, our neighbor came over and commented, "Yeah, we used to have a mid-life crisis car too, but we sold it." I was thinking, uh no, this is a whole-life crisis car! If I needed a mid-life crisis car, I would be driving something that would get me laid by someone other than my wife.

I think many in this community forget that most people are not enthusiasts, and we sometimes take ourselves too seriously. In reality, our car is slow in a drag race, and it will always carry the perception that it's girly, or a Miata, or cute.

But, we all bought the car because our insecurities about public perception are trumped by the knowledge that every time we jump in the cockpit and push the red button, something during that trip is going to put an ear-to-ear grin on our faces. Whether it's someone calling it a Miata, or your heart begins racing because you took a corner faster than you should because you knew you could, it's a good day, and a great car.
Mid-life crisis that's great one! I laughed reading this. I must be in crisis every day

I agree. I don't take myself to seriously. We shouldn't expect others to know anything about our car. Where did anyone get off thinking everyone should know about this car right? I'm glad they don't. If they did every Joe would own one and it wouldn't be as special to me.

Good post
Old 06-30-2012, 10:51 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
Originally Posted by skenderbej' timestamp='1341081218' post='21824571

Mid-life crisis that's great one! I laughed reading this. I must be in crisis every day

I agree. I don't take myself to seriously. We shouldn't expect others to know anything about our car. Where did anyone get off thinking everyone should know about this car right? I'm glad they don't. If they did every Joe would own one and it wouldn't be as special to me.

Good post
Im 18 and my friends joke around that im having a mid life crisis
Old 07-01-2012, 05:45 AM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

I had a younger friend (in her 20's) tell me my S was a mid-life crisis car when I first got it. I've wanted a roadster since I was 12. I finally got one. So I happen to be middle aged now. No kids at home, divorced, and tired of driving mini-vans and sedans that are mundane. The S is a great automobile. Now I want to save up for the HPDE classes and learn how to drive it properly.