S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 06-14-2012, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was at the Maryland State Emissions station it took the guy working ~10 minutes to find where the OBD hooks up (under passenger side leg area) he had to bring over his manager and they looked up my car in there computer and finally found it lol. I knew where it was the whole time but the guy was being a dick so I decided to let him find it himself. After he found it he said "Wtf is the big secret anyways?"

Today I had 3 people compliment my car at the 2 at a gas station and one at a red light. (people normally never approach me about my car lol)

Lady who was filling up her Mercedes E class said "thats a really pretty color!!" (NFR)

When I was leaving this guy in a caliber said "nice ride man!"
I said thanks to both

This ricer neon with like 4 teens inside blasting lil wayne music gave me a thumbs up and I nodded just so I don't come off as a dick lol.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:46 AM

Love this ...guy walks over to me at a store and says my wife had one of those cars ...
I say o really did she like it ?
He says ....yeh she liked it but didn't drive it much because it was one wheel drive , she sold and got an all wheel drive van
Old 06-15-2012, 08:12 AM

Just a few days ago I pulled up to a gas station, there was a few girls about my age talking out side of their car while pumping gas, as soon as I got out one asked me, " is that yours" I said " na I stole it a few days ago"... Lmaoo

And just now I went on my lunch break, I get out of the car and some guy is like " what are those numbers for( talking about the numbers on my windshield from the track the other night) he's like " you selling it"? I said no definitely not for $5959, that's from the race track....

I've gotten a few " hey nice Porsche" lmaoo
And my aunt when I first got it, " oh you painted your miata blue? I like the color, I was like Tia I bought a new car last week, you don't see the red miata in the drive way still? Lmaooo
Old 06-15-2012, 08:30 PM

pulling up to volleyball thursday night at an outdoor venue, i parked and put the top up. went into the trunk and grabbed my bag. as i'm walking away i lock the doors and continue towards the courts. 2 young kids (maybe 12ish)

young boy: "hey man, you have a nice car!"
me: "hey thanks, i appreciate that"
young boy: "you have really nice taste"
me: "you've got nice taste yourself "

today while cruising with my girlfriend i was telling her about the two kids from the past night
two kids on the side of the road screaming: nice car!!!

awesome
Old 06-16-2012, 07:53 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

These are always great reads. It's amazing to me how many people love the car, yet how few bought it when they were making it.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:26 AM

Papa Johns last night:
Walk in
Employee 1: "it's a shame they stopped making that Honda." (drives a 6th gen civic si)
Me: "yeah, but keeps the value high"

Employee 2: "yeah that's a great car. Isn't that a BMW...?"
Me: "Z4? No, it's a Honda..."
Employee 2: "oh, it's a great looking car"
Me: "thanks!"

It's always great to see people that recognize the car, and then two seconds later see someone who has no clue. First BMW comment I've gotten.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nothing was said but I was driving and there was a family riding their bikes on their sidewalk. the little boy in front saw my car and his eyes lit up like it was christmas. he started pedaling faster to keep up so I slowed down to let him ride next to me for a bit
Old 06-17-2012, 07:05 PM

The most common one and I dislike it.
"He's driving a miata!"

Has anyone ever asked you to teach them how to drive stick ?

A - Person
B - Me

A: "Can you teach me how to drive stick?"

B: "Can you teach me how to dougie?"

Walks away and case closed.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by rdhunterx
The most common one and I dislike it.
"He's driving a miata!"

Has anyone ever asked you to teach them how to drive stick ?

A - Person
B - Me

A: "Can you teach me how to drive stick?"

B: "Can you teach me how to dougie?"

Walks away and case closed.
2nd'd on the miata>_>
Old 06-17-2012, 07:49 PM

I pulled into an O'Reilly's and the cashier said "nice S2000" and asked me how long I've had the car. Told him I got it on Tuesday and he asked how I liked it. He wrapped it up by saying "How can you not enjoy it? It's a great car. You made a great choice."

My 5 year old cousin lit up when he saw it. He was dying to go for a ride so I drove him down the culdesac at 10 mph and he had the biggest smile on his face.

Then I was washing it this weekend and a kid was going by on his bike. He slowed down and just stared at it with the biggest eyes.

Kids love this car. I remember doing the same thing when I was younger. Feels good to be able to make a kid's day just by driving my car.