S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 08-22-2015, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First day driving the S. Told the owner of the gym i go to I was getting a new car.

Went to NY to get it. Drove back.

After two days of my absence he sees me rolling up and he steps out amd congratulates me.

Kept saying "jesus. Dont think id fit in it! What Year?"

When i told him '01 he said it looked brand new 2015
Old 08-23-2015, 12:30 AM

Had some dudes in a Mercedes C300 pull up to me tonight while waiting at a stop light before I got onto the freeway. One guy is hanging out of the passenger window yelling, "Hey!" in a slurred voice and I knew he was intoxicated. I rolled down the window and asked him what was up. He says, "Your car isn't loud enough!" (My license plate says LOUD NSZ, inspired by Brick from Anchor Man for obvious reasons.) I say, "Sure it is. It revs to nine grand!" and then revved it to prove it that was indeed quite loud. Another guy asked if my BBS wheels were real in which I replied, "Yes, they're real." At this point they were obviously goading me and trying to provoke me and get what I assume was a ricer response such as a race. They asked what I had done to it and I politely responded it was my daily driver and was mostly stock. The driver asked if I owned other cars and I responded that I did not. Once they realized they weren't going to get the response they wanted out of me the driver said I had nice wheels and drove off. I waited a bit until they were in front of me and then set off and onto the freeway. Seriously some people are just plain asinine assholes. I had nothing to prove to some drunk douches in an entry level Merc.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:14 AM
CMK

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Had someone ask what kind of car it was. When I responded, he lamented the lack of names for cars nowadays instead of the alphabet soup so many manufacturers are using. I pointed out that it's a spiritual successor to the S600 from the 1960s, hence the name. That seemed to satisfy him.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:25 PM
prm

I had a young man ask me today, "How much soy sauce does it take to get to 60mph?"
Old 08-30-2015, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by prm
I had a young man ask me today, "How much soy sauce does it take to get to 60mph?"
Set the griddle to 150ºF because that line nears the limits of tactile comfort. I hope he had a much faster car than you to make up for how dim witted that question was.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:50 AM

Received 1,453 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Guy yesterday at Northern Tool

"Is that your Honda out front?"

"Yep, thats mine"

"I have been looking all over for one of those, but all I can find are automatics"

"Are you thinking of the del sol?"

Confused stare

"The S2000 only comes in a 6 spd, you may be thinking of the del sol"

"Yeah I think you are right .. I thought that was the same thing"

"Nope, totally differnt"

"Oh, well that thing is nice!"

"Thanks!"
Old 10-27-2015, 02:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Coming to a rolling stop at the lights one night and I hear this kid in a bug eye wrx yell at me. I look at him and then look at my gf to see if she knew who this lunatic was lol, she had no clue. I roll down my window a little and he says loudly "NICE CAR! I LOVE YOUR CAR MAN!". So of course I say thanks! And then he asks me right away "How much did you get it for!?", I just have a dumbfounded look on my face and just threw out a random number like 20k lol. He says "Really? Damn." I just took off after, wondering why he asked me how much was it. Then it hit me.. could it be that he was trying to pull a Brian O'Connor on me? Should I have said "more than you can afford, pal.. Hooooonda." Anyways, my gf made fun of me because she knew I wouldn't let it go afterwards about how awesome my s2k is lol. I constantly tell her everyone is watching me, and she just can't see it.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:21 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

I had a Miata just like this!
Old 10-28-2015, 02:44 PM

lol my brother is a care full driver he took mine to get the mot don when he came back I was asked if my s2000 is a 1.3
Old 11-13-2015, 01:04 AM

allmost everyone says, beautiful car, what is it? lol

i go out for a short drive, i always get a handful of good comments.