S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 07-22-2015, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my 2003 Suzuka for 4 months now. The other day, the car was parked in the driveway and I was outside and as someone drove by they shouted "nice car" out of their window.

A few months ago I parked at the back of the home depot parking lot away from all other cars, and as I came out from shopping I saw someone had parked right next to me... I was concerned, until I realized that the person was waiting for me to come back so he could ask me questions about my S. He couldn't believe it was a Honda.

Another time, I recently started at a new company and as I was walking in someone came up next to me and said "I was wondering who drove that sporty car!"
Old 07-23-2015, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by s2k-tilldeath
Originally Posted by Biohazard' timestamp='1333374132' post='21566900
not that I would ever valet my CR, but I did have to valet my si and both cars have flash pro, valet reported to me when I picked up my Si that something might be wrong because it wouldn't go above 3k rpm. I of course asked him why he was even trying, lol. I got back in my car and reflased back to my normal tune and took off and went up to 8400 before shifting. gotta love the valet tune from hondata when you have to use it. Both my CR and Si have it so you can't ever go above 3k.
This is the greatest thing I have ever heard in my life! barely reading this now lmfao shit I bet he was pissed lmfao nice work bro.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:26 AM

Well twice this had happened my cousin has an S I believe an 04 ap2 silver. Not sure what color tho. Any who some kids told him that his car is a ricer lmfao (No loud exhaust or nothing) just and HKS. And wish I was there but I wasn't another time I was driving and some guy pulled up to me in a porche boxter and was waving me to roll down my window, and Me being me I rolled it down and he asked me. If it's turbo'd I laughed and said I wish. He then shrugded in disappointment and look at his way to young wife. And she laughed. Luckily we were at a light together so I rev'ed to 7,500rpm and he looked I looked back at him. I think I heard him rev it but didn't hear much roar so light turned green. I don't like to rip it. I usually do a normal ease off of the clutch. And normal drive I hear him gas it a pit and I took off I can hear him take off as well but didn't see him after that and later down the road he piled up and said "wow I wasn't exspecting that" and I didn't speak a word just stook out my hand and gave him my chopped fingures ✌
Old 07-23-2015, 09:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Literally none of that happened.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:29 AM

Received 1,453 Likes on 1,090 Posts

huh?
Old 07-23-2015, 10:46 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

Sometimes I wonder. Do people even look at the emblems and then guess as to what type of car? Lol
Old 07-23-2015, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by WVCR-V
Sometimes I wonder. Do people even look at the emblems and then guess as to what type of car? Lol
Bro, I've had my car for like 2 months now and wonder the same. Mind you I have BRIGHT RED H's Front, back and steering wheel.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:45 AM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by WVCR-V
I don't think it sinks in even if they do look at the emblems. If they don't know cars, or if they just don't expect a sportscar to be a Honda, they just get confused. A lot of people just don't think "convertible sportscar" when they think of Honda. They think things like "reliable transportation."

I've gotten the incredulous "that's a Honda?" question before.

I've had people look directly at the back of my other car that clearly has the make and model on it and still ask. Reading comprehension issues... I dunno.

Them: Nice car. What is it?
Me: It's a Lotus Elise.
Them: Who makes that?
Me: Well, Lotus is the manufacturer (it's a British company) and Elise is the model of the car.
Them: Ooooh...

Never occurs to them that the big L O T U S on the rear is the manufacturer. And you know, that's OK. It's not like it's their job to know this stuff. So long as they aren't rude, it's all good. And even when they are rude, it's really not my problem.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently got my 2003 Sebring Silver Honda S2000 and my 11 year old nephew goes "Ohhh nice a FERARRI!!" LMAO
Old 07-23-2015, 10:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One of the best I've ever gotten was a dude who asked me if my car was custom. He thought it was a kit car or a hooked up civic. He couldn't believe Honda made something like that from the factory lolol