S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 05-06-2015, 01:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by engifineer
I just had a carload of women (Camry) pull up next to me the other day and were asking about my car and said I earned some points in their book for having it Three of them were obviously drunk to a large degree and the driver was probably on the edge of being drunk ... guess it was girls day out? Anyways, when the light changed she tried to race me... peeled out, hauled off across the intersection laughing and giggling. I just revved the engine and took off normal. I am guessing they were all in their late 50's
Offer to drive them home individually? They are drunk after all, shouldn't be driving
Old 05-06-2015, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get told mine looks like an MX5
Old 05-06-2015, 04:46 AM

Received 1,453 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Originally Posted by ateens4
Originally Posted by engifineer' timestamp='1430841695' post='23602191
I just had a carload of women (Camry) pull up next to me the other day and were asking about my car and said I earned some points in their book for having it Three of them were obviously drunk to a large degree and the driver was probably on the edge of being drunk ... guess it was girls day out? Anyways, when the light changed she tried to race me... peeled out, hauled off across the intersection laughing and giggling. I just revved the engine and took off normal. I am guessing they were all in their late 50's
Offer to drive them home individually? They are drunk after all, shouldn't be driving

True, they should not have been driving! But, I am in my 30's (for a short while longer anyways) as is my wife, who was in the car with me ... so no rides home in my car
Old 05-14-2015, 06:35 PM

Pulled into a Tim Horton's, guy in a Harley ask:

Him: is that the v8?
Me: no, 4 cyl
Him: uh (confused face) I thought it was another car
Me: oh, what did u think it was?
Him: the Mazda.

Walked out of there thinking I just got out of the most weird conversation.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:40 PM

Received 1,454 Likes on 1,080 Posts

He thought it was a Miata with a v8 conversion. He could tell it was something much more than a Miata, but did not know what.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dude hauled @$# and weaved through traffic a couple weeks ago to pull alongside me. i was ready to take evasive maneuvers, esp since my gf was with me and the top was down. turns out guy just wanted to say, "Sick car, 3.2L turbo V6, and fast as hell, right??:

aside from that interesting experience, my gf always tries to pi$# me off whenever we see a Miata. She'll comment, "Hey, your twin!"
Old 05-18-2015, 06:15 AM

Had a good friend drive me to the liquor store last week in the S (I had already had a vodka or two..)

He parked and waited for me outside with the top down when this conversation happened.

Random 21 year old kid- is that your dads car lol?
My friend - no, my dad is old and blind and can't drive
Kid - oh, well who owns it then?!
Friend- that girl that just walked inside that you were checking out. Also, she's not interested.

Dying laughing. I made him hit VTEC on the way home and now he really wants an s2k.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:01 PM

Received 1,454 Likes on 1,080 Posts

Conversation between me and a 6 year old named Kenny, whom I just met:

Kenny: So, is that your Volvo outside?

Me: Nooo

Kenny: Oh, the Honda then. Convertible (nodding as if to say 'nice, bro')

Me: Um, yeah

Kenny: You can put the top down whenever you want

Me: Its fast too

Kenny: Yeah, it doesn't have a lot of weight to haul around. Sedans and SUV's weigh more, so they aren't as fast, even if they have more power.

Me: Right. Ya know, you're one smart kid Kenny. I can't tell you how many adults don't understand that. How old are you?

Kenny: 6

Kenny then changed the subject to talk about how insects are part of the food chain, after another little girl was like, 'ewwww, a bug'. Then he took a nap.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^ LOLLLL
Old 05-22-2015, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Driving home from a friend's house at around 11 or so, stop at the lights with the top down.
Two guys going straight at the lights (I'm turning left) yell at me "Nice car, it's a shame you couldn't afford something better"

Obviously trolling and looking to get a reaction, I gave them nothing and completely ignored them. I think part of me thought they might retaliate and damage my car.

The best part of the story is that they were driving a beaten up 1990 Nissan Pulsar and calling my car cheap