S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 04-12-2015, 05:12 PM

Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts

My son & his lady are living in my granny flat as he has just resigned from the navy. His in laws to be were visiting for a few days. The father is a mid 50s fine upstanding gentleman, who drives a large luxury barge very gently.

My eldest daughter was holding a birthday party for my son, & we were all going. Due to future movements after the party, I was taking the S, & future father in law expressed an interest in a ride. The trip was about 60 kilometers, with a mix of country back roads, highway & a little suburban driving. In view of his driving behavior I took it reasonably steadily, with just a couple of full rev acceleration to give him the idea of vtec, & a moderately quick flick through a couple of roundabouts. Nothing too exciting.

Later, when the conversation turned to cars at the party he said how the engine revs amazed him, but was even more impressed with how the S "straight lined roundabouts". When he said he now wants one, his wife went pale, & quickly changed the subject.

Have I awoken a monster?
Old 04-13-2015, 05:59 PM

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

^awesome

My ex's room mate described my car as the Barbie car. That put a little dent in my ego. It took a quick ride to change her mind from cute to terrifying.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:41 AM

Received 1,454 Likes on 1,080 Posts

My company uses a lot of offshore technical personnel in India. For a variety of reasons they bring some of them stateside for months long stints.

Its finally getting warm enough here for someone used to tropical heat to ride in a convertible. I gave this one girl a ride. She had seen the car, and said she would not be scared of its performance (have you seen how traffic works in India? Chaos cannot describe it).

We finally break free of traffic, and I am able to hit VTEC. Then its in to some twisty bits. She is curled up into a fetal position in the seat, holding onto my arm and whimpering.

We resume normal velocity, and I reminded her she said she wouldn't be scared. She explained it was a combination of acceleration, engine noise, and quick side-to-side transitions that she was not prepared for. Mind you my car is completely stock.

I asked her if she has ridden roller coasters, and she said does fine on those.

I asked her if she would ever go on another ride, and she said yes.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:06 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Today, I had the car up on jack stands today to change the oil. Was waiting for things to cool down a bit because I had just come back from some errands so I was out front spraying weeds and doing other misc yard work.
Garage was open and an older gentleman came walking by with his two dogs and yelled over at me
"Aw, man! You've got my dream car!"
"Really?"
"Heck yeah! The best modern roadster and cockpit ever built!"
"Glad to hear you're a fan. This is my second one"
"Woah, I havent even gotten my first yet!"

Was a fun moment.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:05 PM

Received 1,454 Likes on 1,080 Posts

Miata driver at gas station.

Miata guy: Nice car. V6, right?

Me: 4, actually

Miata guy: I thought they had some like serious HP or something?

Me: yup, 240

Miata guy: <confused look>

Me: 2 liter

Miata guy: Turbo?

Me: 9000 rpm

Miata guy: <confused look>

Me: an engine with a given displacement, spin it faster, makes more power

Miata guy: Makes sense. Nice car, have a good one.

Me: You too. Your car is nice too.

Old guy in Pickup nearby: I didn't know Honda made a sportscar. Did it just come out?

Me: No, it came out in 2000.

Old guy: Wow, nice car...
Old 05-04-2015, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from the mother-in-law:

"cute car, what is it? it looks like a Porsche"
Old 05-04-2015, 11:27 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I was stopped about 4 cars back at a red light waiting to turn right. No cars in the left lane.
A guy pulls up next to me and stops and yells over to me:

"I've always been intrigued by those cars but never got to drive one. I've been told they're like having a motorcycle with 4 wheels"

"You've heard correct. You'll never drive a better car!"

The light changed then and he had to start moving because he was holding up traffic.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At a red light, an older gentleman pulls next to me on a corolla, rolls down the window and asks me "Stickshift or Automatic?" I smiled and answered "they only made Stick for this car" He looked confused...
Old 05-05-2015, 08:01 AM

Received 1,453 Likes on 1,090 Posts

I just had a carload of women (Camry) pull up next to me the other day and were asking about my car and said I earned some points in their book for having it Three of them were obviously drunk to a large degree and the driver was probably on the edge of being drunk ... guess it was girls day out? Anyways, when the light changed she tried to race me... peeled out, hauled off across the intersection laughing and giggling. I just revved the engine and took off normal. I am guessing they were all in their late 50's
Old 05-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,539 Likes on 1,043 Posts

Originally Posted by engifineer
I just had a carload of women (Camry) pull up next to me the other day and were asking about my car and said I earned some points in their book for having it Three of them were obviously drunk to a large degree and the driver was probably on the edge of being drunk ... guess it was girls day out? Anyways, when the light changed she tried to race me... peeled out, hauled off across the intersection laughing and giggling. I just revved the engine and took off normal. I am guessing they were all in their late 50's
Was thinking you may have got "lucky." Until I saw the 50+ part of the story. Well, some guys go for... Oh never mind.