S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 04-03-2015, 05:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thechase136
I was driving up the PCH to Long Beach the other day, sitting in traffic at a red light. A visibly drunk redneck-type dude with his windows rolled down starts slowly passing everyone else on the shoulder in his truck while yell-singing along to whatever was on his radio. We had the top and windows down, so he looks over and slurs out a "HEY NICE MIATA, BROOOO!". Before we could even yell back, he ends up slamming into a curb which probably broke a control arm because as we drove off, his front passenger wheel was perpendicular to the rest lol.
This made my day
Old 04-04-2015, 08:15 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Hanging out in my wife's small hometown for the Easter weekend. At the first stoplight after getting off the freeway a late 80's Accord filled with teenagers pulls up next to us.

"Whoa.. it's a 2000!!"

Followed by:

"Yo! When the light turns green, we go!" (as if green ever meant something else)

I didn't even hit VTEC (and I have it lowered thanks to Hondata)
Old 04-05-2015, 03:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a 2008 AP2 last saturday, last one I had was 5 years ago 06 ap2. But anyways I pull into a gas station after picking it up and I see a family of 5 in their minivan getting in. I see the youngest turn around and point and tells his mom, "That car what is it?" His mom proceeds to tell him, "I don't know son, looks like an expensive Porsche."

And as they drove towards me I put the top down and the kids inside with their window down had their jaws dropped and the young one yelled out loud, "When I grow up I'm gonna get one of those!"

It made my day. I forgot how much attention this car gets. And being a grown up now (27) vs (21), I can appreciate this car more.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Wow look, that's a Hyuandai S2000!"
Just a little kid cycling by lol
Old 04-06-2015, 10:16 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KxPhiLe
I bought a 2008 AP2 last saturday, last one I had was 5 years ago 06 ap2. But anyways I pull into a gas station after picking it up and I see a family of 5 in their minivan getting in. I see the youngest turn around and point and tells his mom, "That car what is it?" His mom proceeds to tell him, "I don't know son, looks like an expensive Porsche."

And as they drove towards me I put the top down and the kids inside with their window down had their jaws dropped and the young one yelled out loud, "When I grow up I'm gonna get one of those!"

It made my day. I forgot how much attention this car gets. And being a grown up now (27) vs (21), I can appreciate this car more.
Little kids love this car! We were at the park (as you do in Portland) and a little boy with a balloon and his dad walk past it. He begs to stop and look at it commenting that it has no roof. I could see the dad trying to explain but it wasn't working. Walked over and said hello and asked him (the boy) if he'd like to see the roof work. Of course at this point he's smiling so I open the drivers side door and say he can sit in the driver seat (a fixed bucket with a 5 year old boy in it). Put the key in and turned to ACC, then let him play with the switch to bring it up and down. At this point he's laughing away with the biggest smile, so of course the next question to him is, "do you want to start the rocket booster?!" Somehow I angle my foot on to the clutch and tell him on 3 to press the big red button - not sure if it was his first time of starting the car but he actually looked like he had just started the rocket! A few little blips and a couple more roof up and downs - it was then time to get going. The dad was taken back a bit of how someone could let a little kid climb around the car but I simply had to say, he'll remember this for a long time, that memory is worth more than a few smudges on a seat.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:21 PM

I was driving to Harbor Freight to pick up some staples and these little kids started jumping up and down pointing at the car. The kids dad was just smiling ear to ear too. I gave them a little rev and they lit up even more. It was great.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:46 PM

- Was going to a comedy show with my co-workers 3 years ago. We had a newbie at the office since a couple of months so we all met his girlfriend for the first time.

So when his girlfriend saw my car, she just said << Hey, I love your car but.... why yellow ? >> LOL..

My friends are still joking me around that one each year when I get my car out for the first time in Spring... So it should be pretty soon!
Old 04-07-2015, 09:40 AM

Received 1,454 Likes on 1,080 Posts

Went to the Chinese restaurant I go to, first time in the S (its been hibernating), and the owner says:

"它是 Honda Prelude 吗?"

Don't need to speak Chinese to know what he was saying...
Old 04-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,539 Likes on 1,043 Posts

"What! You driving an aZn ricer? Your too old for that $hit."

Old 04-07-2015, 12:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. Two lil kids by my house yelling "HEY DAWG NICE CAR!!" when i drive by.

2. Some old hippie guy with his 5 year old daughter walks past me while i'm pumping gas and yells "Woooooo SUMMERRRRR!!!" It was about 50 degrees and cloudy lol