S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 05-29-2012, 03:11 AM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

It means you seem insecure for taking what that lady said as an insult.
I think you might have read my post with the wrong intent. I had a very friendly conversation with the lady. I turned the "cute" comment into a fun event. I was not angry at all. We were happy and laughing, it was all positive. I took the opportunity to show her how much I love this car and she was very impressed. She said she would be shopping for one when her lease on her current vehicle was up.

I was not insecure. I took the moment and ran with it. She ended up asking for my contact information in case she had any other questions. I was glad to help out a potential new S owner.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

VP of the company i work for (fortune 500 company) sees me leaving one day and goes "whoa nice car (mind you he def makes well over 6 figures) i think we are paying you too much. what kinda car is that?) i told him it was a honda and he had this priceless look on his face. plus my car is debadged.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"is it fast?"
I can't help but laugh and shake my head
Old 05-30-2012, 07:27 AM

Had another Honda owner try arguing with me about how much hp MY car had just by hearing it on the dyno lol. Invidia N1
Old 05-30-2012, 11:22 AM

I had a kid at school argue with me that my Ap2 had a F20 not a F22 in it...LOL
Old 05-30-2012, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by pakman08
I had a kid at school argue with me that my Ap2 had a F20 not a F22 in it...LOL
IT DOES.
If you were in australia
Old 05-30-2012, 07:44 PM

At a stoplight today and old guy pulls up next to me at the stoplight. He rolls down his window and gives me the classic head nod and thumbs up. He looks and sees its a Honda and says.

Guy: "oh, it's a Honda?" with an excited look on his face.

Me: yeah, it's an 06'

Guy: Hondas are great, my son has a Honda Pilot....

Guy then rolls his window up and I speed away laughing.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:48 AM

I drove by my local high school on my way home (as usual) and there were about 10 kids standing around a 92 (I don't know chassis codes...) or so Civic that was riced out, admiring it. As I was approaching, one turned around and then all of the rest did and they all said something! Haha Most noticeably was the "oh shit!" from the kid closest to me.

They continued staring while I went down the road as I continued laughing at that kid's reaction. I have a bone stock 06 NFR.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:30 PM

The first week I got my car (about 3 weeks ago), I was headed to a restaurant with a friend and got a bit lost in some narrow streets. A little kid and his mom were sitting on the sidewalk, his eyes glued to my car. I gave him two little revs, and heard him squeal "WHOA THAT'S SOOO COOL" behind us. It was super cute =)

As for girls calling your car cute, take advantage of that and reply, "You're pretty cute too, want to get a drink?" Can't believe all of the wasted opportunities!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:09 PM

My buddy and I went to his buddys place in my car, and when we pulled up he (being country with 3 raised trucks in the driveway), started in with all the thats such a small car and every other joke he could think of. So Im game for a little verbal joust, and went with it a bit, saying; Youre just jelous because you cant carry your car in your pocket. Or thanking him for providing me a shaded place to park my car (under his truck). Or when he asked if I got good gas milage I told him ya, I just throw it in your truck bed and I can roll for days. Or when he asked if it was fast, I said faster than his wit. He was fun to joke with. I know people are gonna come at me with jokes, so why get mad, just have fun with them and go with it. I like beating people at their own jokes, usually keeps everyone having a good time.

Was picking up one of my friends to go to the Giants game, and as I pulled up, he goes; "Oh, your picking me up in the Miata, LOL" so I drove off, around the block. When I came back he was laughing, "Ok, ok, my bad." It was pretty funny.