S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 11-26-2014, 08:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I was driving around one day when I saw this Accord driving all crazy to get ahead of traffic. I get in the right lane so as to avoid their idiotic driving and they suddenly slow down as they pass me. We stop side by side at the light and it turned out to be two chicks who wanted to know what kind of car I was driving. This is the rare instance that the S has attracted chicks instead of dudes. LOL.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:12 AM

Received 1,454 Likes on 1,080 Posts

OK, this one was a gesture, not a verbal comment. My S is my 3 season DD. My commute is 40 miles mostly hwy. My rule is 30 degrees or above, not raining (or other), top is down. So today it was 35. I'm tooling down the hwy, top down, pass a middle-aged guy in an older 4 door domestic pos, and he's making a jerking-off gesture with a disapproving look on his face (full disclosure, I'm also middle-aged, just don't look like it or act like it).

I didn't know what to think, and just laughed out loud. I honestly don't know what message he was trying to convey, but who cares? I was only doing it for myself, and was having fun. Don't care about his lame life. But I did think it worthy of sharing.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
OK, this one was a gesture, not a verbal comment. My S is my 3 season DD. My commute is 40 miles mostly hwy. My rule is 30 degrees or above, not raining (or other), top is down. So today it was 35. I'm tooling down the hwy, top down, pass a middle-aged guy in an older 4 door domestic pos, and he's making a jerking-off gesture with a disapproving look on his face (full disclosure, I'm also middle-aged, just don't look like it or act like it).

I didn't know what to think, and just laughed out loud. I honestly don't know what message he was trying to convey, but who cares? I was only doing it for myself, and was having fun. Don't care about his lame life. But I did think it worthy of sharing.
Very strange response for a guy who is just having fun his way.'
When my son was in middle school, I had an MG, and in the winter if there was no snow, I would get it out, and the rule was, if it was 40* or above, top down.
Of course we had the windows up and our ears covered, and the hear coming up from the floor, but he thought it was fun!
One time after practice, I went out to get in the car, and I had left the keys in it, and this was in the city of Indpls. where that would be dangerous to do. I guess if anyone noticed, they wouldn't get very far w/o notice in a 1979 MB Midget.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:32 AM

Hooters girl I know called it cute as I got out for lunch -___-'
Old 12-15-2014, 11:35 AM

Went to a local car meet last week and some younger guys gathered around my car when I opened the hood and started saying how my car comes stock with a K20A and 260hp at which point I corrected them and said it's a F20C and rated at 240hp. This one kid kept arguing me with about it saying how he kept hearing it's a K20A and at which point I cut him off and told him he heard wrong. He said what do I know at which point I replied I own the car and know more about it than he does. Just then two other S2000 owners showed up and not surprisingly also told him it's an F20C at which point the guy got embarrassed and walked away lol. Seriously some people do not think before they speak.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's great haha.

Were they like around my age +4 years ish?
Old 12-15-2014, 11:44 AM

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by schhim
I was driving around one day when I saw this Accord driving all crazy to get ahead of traffic. I get in the right lane so as to avoid their idiotic driving and they suddenly slow down as they pass me. We stop side by side at the light and it turned out to be two chicks who wanted to know what kind of car I was driving. This is the rare instance that the S has attracted chicks instead of dudes. LOL.
I hope you answered " Ferrari"
Old 12-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gerry100
Originally Posted by schhim' timestamp='1417066056' post='23419632
I hope you answered " Ferrari"
That answer is mandatory lol.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by HUNTERANGEL121
That's great haha.

Were they like around my age +4 years ish?

They were all like 16 to 19.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:30 AM

I moved out and bought a '07 bbs2k (upgrading from an accord) after graduating this May with a degree in mechanical engineering. I came home to pick up some tools from my dad's garage when my neighbors were out doing yardwork and they both approached me and said,

Neighbors: "Nice little graduation gift you got yourself huh?"
Me: "Yeah, just having some fun."
Neighbors: "Fun huh? This here's a pussy magnet. Back in my day if I had this ... "