S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 06-25-2005, 12:24 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey, whatever works for you.

Unfortunately, classical just doesn't cut it on the factory stereo.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:13 PM
XTC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My MY05 car is just a week old and had just washed it. I took my hubby out for our "nightly ride" and stopped at the local KFC to pick up a bite - left the top down. When we walked out, a family parked one spot over and a boy no older than 8 or 9 was standing right next to the car looking into it when I hit the remote unlock. He jumped back and said "Wow, that's a HOT car!". He was just standing there staring at us and the car while his dad was trying to get his attention to go into the restaurant. He saw me get in the driver's side and said to his dad, "Dad that lady is driving that HOT car!". I think the dad was a little embarrassed.

The car definitely gets attention.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by S2000bobster,Jun 22 2005, 09:22 PM
This guy at the gas station asked me: "Is that the new Honda Del sol" I was like NO!
it technically is the new and def. upgraded version of the del sol
Old 06-25-2005, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by JC_s2k,Jun 25 2005, 03:59 PM
it technically is the new and def. upgraded version of the del sol
Actually I think that it is the new version of the Accord. Since it has the f20 in it. C'mon its a new car. Not a souped up del slow. Convertable, two seater, high rpm, high performance, rear wheel drive. Del slow = front wheel drive average rpm engine, gas saver engine, targa top, two seater. Looks like The only similarity is the two seats. The price is also double the del sol crx when they first came out.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:05 PM

I don't own an S, but I'm thinking of getting one and just something to share with you ...

Incident #1 (I was browsing S2ki on my computer at work during lunch)

Co-worker: (this co-worked used to live in Silicon Valley and has seen quite a some nice rides there) What's is it that you are looking at?

Me: Some car web site.
Co-worker: Oh you are thinking of getting a car?

Me: Ya, well, a little hard to have a car in Manhattan. But I really like this car.

Him: What car are you getting?

Me: Some Honda (didn't want to make it a big fuzz)

Him: What? You should get an M3 or Boxster man! Don't get a Honda, are you like getting a Civic or some sort?

Me: Hmm ... not really, it's a more sporty car called S2000. M3's too expensive man (though it wasn't the determining factor)

Him: You should get something better than a Honda man.

Me: Well, they are fun to drive.

-- Then I was in the Gallery forum and clicked on a pretty stock S2000 --

Him: Dude! You should get this car! It looks awesome man!

Me: ....... !?!

Incident #2
Overheard my manager talking about cars with a co-worker and I just stepped in an listened and started to talk ...

Manager: Oh, so I test drove the an A4 today, the newer ones. Didn't quite like it.

Me: Ya, I have driven a few of them and not something that I like, but oh well, they serve their purpose with 4WD. Just a little rougher and noisier at times. But they are forgiving cars in general and somewhat practical in the winter.

Him: Hmm, I think my Infinity will out run it no matter what. Even around the corners. I am sure I can corner faster than those. The A4 didn't seem to be able to handle corners too well and acceleration's not great. (started quoting numbers from magazines)

Me: The 4WD does hinder it a little bit ... something can't forget I suppose. (wanted to get back to my desk and finish my work, but he continued)

Him: So you thinking of getting a car?

Me: Ya, thinking about it, but going to be costly to park it and insurance will be a little higher for me, since I'm single.

Him: What are you thinking of getting?

Me: The S2000

Him: S2000? Don't know which car it is. Oh wait no, I remember seeing it and reading about it (I suppose he's talking about magazines).

-- silence for two seconds --

Him: Hmm, that's some serious racing there ...

(and I headed back to my little desk to finish my work ...)
Old 07-02-2005, 09:11 PM

OK. I've got two stories. One S2k story one non-S2k story.

In late 1999, I had bought an Audi TT. I knew the S2K was coming out soon. However, I decided not to wait and went ahead and bought the TT. When I heard about the price gouging that was going on when the S2K came out I was pretty glad I didn't wait. Shortly after the S2K appeared at my local dealership I was in there for service on my TT and decided to check it out. I was sitting in it for a few minutes when a salesman approached . . .

salesman: Anything I can help you with?
me: Yeah. How do you open the trunk?
salesman: you push this button right here

I walk around to the back and take a peek at the trunk.

me: Damn!! This trunk is REALLY small
salesman: You buy this car and you'll only need to be able to fit a box of rubbers in the trunk anyway.

Story two (much shorter I promise)

I'm at the gas station w/ my Audi TT in late 1999. Now the car had just come out and no one had ever seen one but . . . this guy comes over and is staring at the front of the car. There is a giant and I mean giant Audi symbol in the grill and staring directly at the Audi symbol he says "is that a Porsche?"
Old 07-03-2005, 02:54 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Friday, I had off of work, so I decided to take my mother to lunch. I was dropping her off at her office and a group of people are walking in together at the same time. This woman in her 40s offers me half her sandwich for a ride. I just chuckled, if she had been better looking I would have said yes.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:01 AM

Got another Miata reference while standing in line for an ATM. I just happend to get parking in front of it...

Her: Cute car!
Me: Thanks.
Her: What kind of car is that?
Me: S2000, Honda.
Her: Is that like...a Miata?
Me: Uh, no, not really.
Her: Cute car!

I can stand when someone says, "cute" - it's the comparisons to the Miata that often ticks me off. Dumb girl.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:50 AM

While going through the parking lot at the bank I had to go over those speed bumps in the parking lot lane. Approaching me is a high end Infinity with a guy about 50 something in a business suit.. He stops dead and starts jumping up and down in his seat, waving the proverbial thumbs up... Guess he really wanted one and lost out to the old lady.....

His response was kinda like walking past a car with a crazy dog inside how they jump all around inside banging their heads on the glass.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by S2K'ing-IN-Spokane,Jul 3 2005, 06:50 AM
His response was kinda like walking past a car with a crazy dog inside how they jump all around inside banging their heads on the glass.
Love it!

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000