S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 04-13-2005, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha that road and track article rocked. I'll keep that link handy for the naysayers
Old 04-14-2005, 04:41 AM

A couple of months ago the SolFL group went to the international autoshow. We all park in the 3 story parking garage across from the convention center and we have a good time. When we leave one of the S2k members throws away the parking ticket and guess what, the lady at the exit explains that you need to pay the full price of parking for the full day if you do not have one. After about 5min of arguing he pays the money to the fat b1tch and leaves a huge cloud of tire smoke. Anyways i pull up to the lady on the power trip and i give her my ticket while she is ranting and raving about how the guy had such a nice car and how he cant drive for crap. When she opens the gate for me i yell to her "HE MEANT TO BURN OUT YOU FAT -blam-!"

The funniest thing someone has said to me was when my friend and I pulled in to a gass station with the s2 and my friends black turbo EK-9. The zit faced 17 year old punk starts talking shit about civics and how they are so slow as i am paying for gass. (guess he did not know we knew eachother). Well then he tells me that my car is "kind of" fast and that his piece if shit FoCUs is faster. Im like WHAT!? He then goes on to tell me that his FoCUs kills civics at his high school and that the only reason the s2 is "kind of" is because it has variable valve timing. I was dumbstruck. I looked at him and i said wow your an idiot and i walked out laughing.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:03 AM

I love this thread ... its so funny

A few weeks ago, one of the little kids who lives next to me asked as I was pulling the S into the garage ... "How many engines does your car have?" ... I told him "1". He looked really surprised

As far as co-workers go, one of my co-workers have a 350z, and he was asking about my car ... when I told him my 0-60 time was ~5.5 seconds according to magazines he was shocked. I also tried to explain to him about how the '04s have shorter gearing so they need an extra shift to 60 so its supposedly slightly faster than the older ones because it requires an extra shift to 60 when he tells me that 0-60 times are all thats important because you can never really do anything faster on the roads ... (Hmm, yeah legally I guess). He didn't quite understand the whole concept of shorter gearing nor did he understand that unless we were racing a straight 0-60 time race, the shorter gearing would help me... Oh well. He continued on to say how even though my car and his car often ended up #1 and #2 in comparisons, that the 350z was always rated better cuz of the extra torque. I just nodded my head..
Old 04-14-2005, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by healandtoe,Apr 14 2005, 01:41 PM
A couple of months ago the SolFL group went to the international autoshow. We all park in the 3 story parking garage across from the convention center and we have a good time. When we leave one of the S2k members throws away the parking ticket and guess what, the lady at the exit explains that you need to pay the full price of parking for the full day if you do not have one. After about 5min of arguing he pays the money to the fat b1tch and leaves a huge cloud of tire smoke. Anyways i pull up to the lady on the power trip and i give her my ticket while she is ranting and raving about how the guy had such a nice car and how he cant drive for crap. When she opens the gate for me i yell to her "HE MEANT TO BURN OUT YOU FAT -blam-!"
she was just doing her job man. no need to cause a scene.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:15 PM

Gerry
Old 04-15-2005, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by VaBeachEd,Apr 14 2005, 12:35 AM
I have a colleague who has a Z4 that he bought last year. When I bought my 05 S2K, he immediately began speaking disparagingly about the S2K, his was faster, more reliable, etc. I didn't argue with him, because we all know what happens when you argue with an idiot.

However, I pulled up the specs for his Z4, and our S2K, then I showed him the Consumer Reports ratings for our car and his (CR crapped all over the Z4) and the C&D report that compared roadsters. (See the link below - Z4's were rated 4th, S2Ks, 1st).

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?se...article_id=6846

It got pretty quiet in the office after he read the info, so I said, "Well, don't feel too badly, you did pay 15,000 more for your car, so you have that going for you!!". He hasn't brought the subject up again...I wonder why?
Glad you set him straight!

If you guys need more ammo for sorting out cocky friends/ collegues, check out these links:

S2000 gets first place in Top Gear survey: http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/survey/top_10.shtml
S2000 gets first place in Auto Express survey: http://www.honda.co.uk/love/

Old 04-15-2005, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Neil.H,Apr 15 2005, 01:19 PM

If you guys need more ammo for sorting out cocky friends/ collegues, check out these links:

S2000 gets first place in Top Gear survey: http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/survey/top_10.shtml

no need for all that effort. we know what our cars are capable of and we don't need to prove it to anyone. i'm sure every "hater" loves the s2000 deep down inside but is afraid to show love for a 'lowly" honda.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Neil.H,Apr 15 2005, 02:19 AM

The Honda Accord in Europe looks like an Acura TSX!!!
Old 04-15-2005, 11:39 AM

The Honda Accord in Europe IS a rebadged Acura TSX.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:17 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RazorV3,Apr 15 2005, 10:51 AM
no need for all that effort. we know what our cars are capable of and we don't need to prove it to anyone. i'm sure every "hater" loves the s2000 deep down inside but is afraid to show love for a 'lowly" honda.
I'm with you. I see no reason to prove anything to anyone. Especially the dumb asses we come across occasionally.

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000