S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 04-06-2005, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was talking about how I was thinking about buying a honda s2000 in one of my classes and this cute girl was like, "Don't get a honda! They're so slow and stupid looking... You should get a new mustang!" I just laughed and told her to just wait an' see. So then the next class I brought some pics of my new black s2k in the driveway and her eyes got real big and she said "Oh WHOA... that's not what I.. That car is awesome!"

yEA.. I love this car
Old 04-07-2005, 03:39 AM

One day I was with my brother and we stopped at a light. An older guy with his wife pull up next to us in their newer Toyota 4Runner. I had the top down and I heard this guy ask, "What year is that car"? I tell him. "Who makes it?" I tell him, it's a honda S2000. He mentioned something like he never knew Honda made such a nice car. And asked the year again, like he didn't believe it was an 01. His face was in stunned mode the whole time. I can see him talking to himself.........."And my wife made me get this big SUV"........
Old 04-07-2005, 06:33 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by suzukali,Apr 6 2005, 05:58 PM
"hey man you wanna trade em?"

said and 18 wheeler truck driver to me on the redlight
I guess it would depend on what he was haulin'
Old 04-07-2005, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by jeffxyan,Apr 6 2005, 06:30 AM
Also when my wife drives the Hot Rod she never realized how much attention the car gets and I am sure it gets more attention when she is driving it.
awww man. I need to give my car to my GF next Friday as I need to bring hers over to the Smart dealer to install new Brabus rims on her Smart Roadster.

She's always telling me that people are flirting with her when she's driving to work and back (a 30-40 minute journey per trip). I can only wonder what will happen when she does it in my SLK 55 AMG
Old 04-07-2005, 06:50 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by patinum,Apr 7 2005, 09:33 AM
I guess it would depend on what he was haulin'
It was a car carrier with 5 S2000s on the back.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by infinity_racer,Feb 20 2005, 04:12 PM
me: you like it?
her: yeah, its "cute"
me: cute?
her: yeah, its small....and its hard to get in and out of the car
me:...............so how was your day?
heh, should have bought an Opel Speedster. Lets she her get in that one when the roof is down

I swear, I've NEVER had so many problems getting in and out of a car, as I have when driving that thing. My GF said the exact same thing with a "one should not wear a dress when getting in and out of that thing, or everyone will see their panties"

Other cars that pose the same problems are the Elise and Smart Roadster. You're sitting so low, with such a high 'sill' on the side. But at least the Roadster has a rather high roof...
Old 04-07-2005, 08:01 AM

My neighbor (Carl) always has trouble handing out compliments... I recently drove home with my yellow '01 and he says:

"You know, every time I see a yellow car, I think of a taxi."

I replied:

"Well Carl, it obviously isn't a taxi, the trunk is too small."

hehehe

Old 04-08-2005, 08:44 AM

Finally I can contribute ...

Little Kid: I like your car
Me: Thanks buddy
LK: Mommy, mommy, i wannt ride this car
Mom: No you cant, it's not ours
LK(faces me): It's ok mommy, at least our van has a roof
Old 04-08-2005, 10:29 AM

i'm at work yesterday working at my computer (graphic designer) when a group of high school kids comes in for a tour. apparently they are a class that is learning about printing processes and they're touring our facility to see how us designers set up files to be printed.

my boss stops the tour at my desk and asks if i can stop what i'm doing and open up a production-ready file to give the kids a quick look at how i set up my files to send to the printer.

when i hide all of my applications and return to my desktop to open a file - there's a big pic of my S as my desktop background. most of the boys in the class gasp and i hear comments like "ohhh, an S2000!" and "sweet! is that your car?!?!"

i smiled and told them yes, it was my car, although i don't drive it on rainy days (like yesterday - i drove my '00 teg instead)...

priceless comment: the high school teacher leans over my shoulder and states: "if that were my car i'd drive it EVERY day..."

i then spent the next 5 minutes explaining to the teacher how the VTEC engine works....and never ended up showing the class the production file...

Old 04-08-2005, 12:52 PM

OK, my first time ever getting a compliment from a stranger went like this... I pulled up to a red light and was on the right of a Geo Tracker. There's some guy like 20 in the passenger seat that started staring at my car. I noticed him looking at the car then the kid gives me a thumbs up and a wave. The light turns green and I start off a little slow and the tracker pretty much floored it. I get up next to the tracker 5 seconds later and I see this kid just shaking in his seat like he was having a seizure. I got scared and just l left.

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000