S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 02-19-2005, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stopped at a stop sign while taking it for a test drive with my friend before purchase, a soccer mom in BMW SUV or some nonsense pulls next to us...

Soccer Mom: "That's such a cute car! And you guys are cute too"... (smiles and pulls away)

No kidding.

Guy in Toyota beater pulls next to me at a stop light and iI have the top down:

Random Toyota Beater guy: "How does it handle?" (of all things to start off a conversation)
Me: Good! (takes off at ludicrous speed, goes to plaid... like in Spaceballs)

My GF when I first picked her up in it

"That's a really small car"

What a world.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just heard this one yesterday at a local eatery:

"Why do you have a Honda emblem on that new Porche?.... Trying to make it look like a sleeper?"
Old 02-19-2005, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My good girlfriend told me she really likes my car...but she said it's too bad I wont be able to get busy in the car...The next day, she told me that she dreamed that we got busy...

I asked her how we managed...she just smiled.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by blackfx35' date='Feb 19 2005, 03:30 PM
My good girlfriend told me ....
Do you have a bad girlfriend as well?

Old 02-19-2005, 08:01 PM

One time I was driving on a 4 lane highway I saw a 88 or something honda accord wagon in front of me, as I got closer to him I see him put his arm out with a and as I passed him I could tell that he was saying nice car, so I said thank you. We couldn't hear what each other said while going 75 but we knew.

Another time I was filling up at a gas station and a guy was pulling in and completely stopped in front of my car, he was checking it out, and gave me a thumbs up as well from inside of his car.

Again filling up at a gas station I parked behind a miata, and while pumping my gas I hear someone say nice car, I look around and realized it was the dude in the miata. He asked me about my carbon fiber hood and where I got it, then told me he had an 02 s2k and I was like really. Then we got into a little chit chat about s2k and went on our merry ways.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:04 PM

I was on my way to work(hospital) and just pulled into the parking lot. I went around the corner to find a bunch of highschool student(volenteers) talking and waiting for the school bus to pick them up. I was coming towards their direction and ALL of them stop talking as they just stared at my S2000 until I made another turn and disappeared from their sight. I could hear all sort of cool comment while I was driving past them.

After I parked my car and went into the elevator, I met a co-worker of mine. She asks me "How's your new car runnin'?" I said "it rides rough, but it handles like it's on rails." Another guy who's in the elevator asks"What do you have, a porsche?" I reply "No, I have a honda S2000." He has a confused look on his face.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:40 AM

Do you have a bad girlfriend as well?
heheh...
Old 02-20-2005, 08:11 AM

A couple of years ago days before the Toronto autoshow opened I parked illegally on the street infront of the convention centre to pick up my passes. As I was walking away from the car I noticed Toronto Raptors dancers, I smiled at the girls since they made eye contact but they all just shook their heads in dismay and one of them said " F***ing Porsche drivers ... they think they can park anywhere." Even though they said that it didn't dawn on me they were talking about me until I held the door open for them and not one of them replied with a simple thank you. As I was leaving I bumped into them again with regular-whipped-mocha-latte-decaf-frappucinos in their hands, and once again I opened and held the door open for them with a smile. Although this time as they were passing through the door I said " It's a Honda not a Porsche." They all looked at me once outside and shook their heads again. What a pretentious bunch.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:12 PM

first day my g/f saw and rode my s2k...

me: you like it?
her: yeah, its "cute"
me: cute?
her: yeah, its small....and its hard to get in and out of the car
me:...............so how was your day?

While filling up gas this car pulls up with a guy about 50, rolls down his windows and says "hey buddy, your car....its beautiful man"
Old 02-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Sister: So you got a new car?
Me: Yeah, it's in the driveway
Sister: (looks out the windows)...you wanted that color?
(Suzuka, and yes I wanted that color )

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000