S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 09-20-2004, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coupla high-school kids in red on Badger game day (my school's football team):

"HEY!! I love your car!~~~"

4 girls (yes girls) in 20s walking on a curb while I was at a stoplight:

"oo an s2000"
"those things are real pu.ssy magnets"
(then they went on talking about shopping)

This isn't really much to do with car itself and its not a comment but I find it kinda funny. Tho I'm 23 but I'm short and I still look a bit like a kid and on that day I wore a black long sleeve t-shirt with orange shorts.

I went to a nearest Honda dealer last week thinking the orange-peel texture on the bottom of the side-sill is some paint defect. I parked my car in between a starcraft and a minivan. I went in to ask if I can take a look at an 04 s2000 and the salesperson told me that a customer took it for a test-drive. As he was saying that, the customer and the manager was coming back from the ride outside the glass wall. I ran out and explained what I was doing, in a rush, and started inspecting the car's side sill. The customer (a lady, in her 30's, dressed neatly who seemed like the owner of a red boxster that was parked at the lot) and the manager just stared at me looking very lost. I thanked them and went to get my car. When I pulled the car out from those two big vans and started driving towards them for the exit, they were getting out of the car and then they paused to look at me again. The manager was handing his card to her and she was half-way getting out of the car and they just froze, looking at me, their faces blank. They froze in such an awkward position and the face on their look, it kept reminding me of TV ads, such as Michael Jordan dunking, building collapsing or some liquor bottle dropping.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Elistan,Sep 20 2004, 09:43 PM
Several S2000s are in a parking lot for a meet. A guy in a base Boxster drives by, with a young kid in the passenger seat. The father calls out "Get a real car!" A quick thinking S2000 owner responds "Get a real Boxster!"
what a great role-model for his son...
Old 09-21-2004, 05:16 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RazorV3,Sep 21 2004, 02:32 AM
what a great role-model for his son...
So true, man. So true.

My son was saying "nice car" to one of the other kids on his soccer team last night -- a Mustang with racing stripes. Then he said, "but ours is better."

I was very stern with him, and told him how wrong that was, but truly inside I was laughing! Why don't kids come with an owner's manual!!!
Old 09-21-2004, 05:55 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,523 Likes on 1,906 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmo,Sep 21 2004, 06:16 AM
So true, man. So true.

My son was saying "nice car" to one of the other kids on his soccer team last night -- a Mustang with racing stripes. Then he said, "but ours is better."

I was very stern with him, and told him how wrong that was, but truly inside I was laughing! Why don't kids come with an owner's manual!!!
My son was in the 6th grade when I got my S. Everytime we went some where with it he wanted me to, "gas it and blow them off". I let his 6th grade teacher drive it (with me in it). He had the top down on the freeway and a huge on his face and was saying, "Look at me everybody, I am so cool". He was cute.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:55 AM

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

I was stopped a red light when I hear a revving sound coming from beside me. I looked to my left and noticed an older ford ranger with two kids inside staring at my car and smiling. I laughed and they laughed back. I think they knew it would have been a joke if they raced me.

The other day, I was just crossing an intersection when I passed a car that was checking out the S as I passed by. While he was rubbernecking, he didn't see that a car had tried to make a left turn in front of him and smashed right into him....I claim no liability!
Old 09-22-2004, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

About 15 minutes ago I went to get lunch and decided to go drive through @ Wendys. As I stopped on the first window to pay the dude in the window gives me this look of surprise since I look like 18 and he points up into the dark sky and says "Good luck with that car" I was like What do you mean good luck? he replies "With the rain, it wouldn't be pretty see you spin out on US1" I was like Rapidly after he gave the change back I responded with a oh well at least I will spin out in style. . Fool! The way he said it and the look on his face was of a jelous person. Damn this stupid kids. It reminds me of the fool that tossed a quarter at my car because I didn't race his funky civic. Oh well I made it back to my office with 0 spin outs.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:49 AM

I guess the biggest kick I get out of the car is taking it to a car wash or having the oil changed and watching 5 guys "working" on it (even though there are only 2 drying off the Hummer next to it). I have had 3 homeless guys with signs give me a as I was in line at a light. Yesterday my 24-year-old son was riding with me and I was explaining different car classes in Autocross. I explained that I was up against Corvettes in A-Stock, but not the Z06's (Super Stock class). He said, "That doesn't really seem fair, putting a V-8 against a V-6 (meaning the S2K)". When I explained that it was a 4-cyl., he said, "But supercharged - right?"
Old 09-24-2004, 01:10 PM

Received 515 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by RazorV3,Mar 9 2004, 10:25 AM

this is why i love this car. even though its been out for 4 years now, most people have no idea what it is. but it really amazes me, i don't know why they would think otherwise if they see a BIG H symbol on the front and rear.
I had a simular experience at a gas station. As I was getting in and buckling up a woman pulls in in a mini-van, walks over to me and asks: "What kind of car is that?
I respond: "It's a Honda"
Her: Is it a brand new model? like a 2005?
Me: No it's a 03,
Her: I've never seen one before.
Me: Well they came out in 2000
Her: Really? You don't expect me to believe that?
Old 09-24-2004, 01:43 PM

Children and the elderly are big fans of my car. Three little kids rode their bikes in front of my car at a stop sign and one of them stood up on his pedals and said, "DAAAAAYYYYYUM!". Another little kid was in the yard with her mom and yelled, "SWEEEEEEET". Everytime I pull up to a stop sign by my house kids gather on the sidewalk and yell, "Burn Rubber!" Bless their little hearts.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought this was pretty funny. a lady in hr said "is that your new bmw out in the parking lot?"...i said no...sounding befuddled...then i remembered i was talking to a not so car savvy person...i said "is the car blue?"...she said "yes"...i said that is a honda s2000 and yes it is mine"...she said "oh, well it's still nice". she of course accented the word 'still'

sorry it's not a bmw...some people!

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000