S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 07-22-2004, 07:05 PM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Old 07-22-2004, 07:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RazorV3,Mar 8 2004, 07:51 PM
i just remembered another one:

local genius making a comment about my car, didn't know I(the owner) was standing next to him : "with a hood that long, it has to have atleast a v10 sitting under there"
LOL, that is hilarious.

my friend at the surf shop said "I thought that was one of those new Mercedes"
Old 07-23-2004, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend (who owns a 6 cyl Stang), "hey did you know Motor Trend ranked your car Chick Car of the Year?"
So I asked if he wanted to run em.
He was just bustin' my balls as always.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:44 AM

Okay, so I'm at the gas station, and this guy in an S10 comes up to me and asked what kind of car it was. I tell him its a HONDA S2000, he replies; Honda i always thought they made girlie cars... Heres the catch...

HE WAS DRIVING A ING PINK S10!!!
Old 07-23-2004, 09:01 AM

In one weekend, I had two people yell, "Hey, your dad has a nice car!". I was so confused, cause my dad's car is a real piece of schit, plus he lives in Pennsylvania... weird

It is funny, too, because I'm 25, I think I'm probably to the stage where I buy my own vehicles..

Then one day, I was stopping a roadside flower place to get flowers for my wench (jk), and this dirtyball old dude in a beat up car was doing the same. He said, "I got a Harley, i'll bet I've got more (money) in my bike than you got in that". I'm stock and I got it used for 26K, so it's not like I spent a ton. I'm a pretty polite guy, and the comment wasn't quite rude enough to react, but I didn't know what to say. So instead of saying "Yeah well, you've probably dumped a larger percentage of your income thrown in there than I do, and not enough invested in personal hygeine or flea powder, so I guess I win". so I said said, "yeah, that's cool". He then proceedes to bitch about how a dozen roses at this place are like 10 or 15 bucks and instead haggles to get one carnation for a dollar. I'm sure his wife in the car was glad he has the Harley.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:01 AM

In one weekend, I had two people yell, "Hey, your dad has a nice car!". I was so confused, cause my dad's car is a real piece of schit, plus he lives in Pennsylvania... weird

It is funny, too, because I'm 25, I think I'm probably to the stage where I buy my own vehicles..

Then one day, I was stopping a roadside flower place to get flowers for my wench (jk), and this dirtyball old dude in a beat up car was doing the same. He said, "I got a Harley, i'll bet I've got more (money) in my bike than you got in that". I'm stock and I got it used for 26K, so it's not like I spent a ton. I'm a pretty polite guy, and the comment wasn't quite rude enough to react, but I didn't know what to say. So instead of saying "Yeah well, you've probably dumped a larger percentage of your income thrown in there than I do, and not enough invested in personal hygeine or flea powder, so I guess I win". so I said said, "yeah, that's cool". He then proceedes to bitch about how a dozen roses at this place are like 10 or 15 bucks and instead haggles to get one carnation for a dollar. I'm sure his wife in the car was glad he has the Harley.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm cruising along the loop going to work and I come up on and pass one of the many Mitubishi Eclipse that are in town and the guy speeds up so he stays next to me and I could tell he was just looking, not wanting to race. He gives me a thumb up and races his motor so I drop it down into 3rd and let him hear a little VTEC. I look over at him and he gives me two thumbs up.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by lig,Jul 21 2004, 10:26 PM
"I'll trade you ANY car on my lot for that car!"

Mazda sales manager
That's a person that appreciates an excellent car! ...and knows what he sells is okay.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:21 AM

I get pulled over by a cop and he gets my license and registration. When he looks at my registration and sees that my license plater is "REVHAPY" and he asks Rev Happy? What is that? I had to explain to him what it meant and then he asked me if I was a racer I told him no and he went back into his car to do his paperwork/research. He came back and gave me a warning for speeding. On his way back to his car he had to mention "nice car!"

I thought that was pretty funny. Not a bad guy though. He understands how it is to have a nice car.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:16 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

The Ohio Vintage Meet was yesterday. It was possibly the best meet I've ever attended. The drive started outside of Cleveland, at OhioRacer's house, and ended up 250 miles later at the Hampton Inn in Marietta, Ohio. Included in the drive was the legendary Ohio Route 26.

After dinner and a great bit of socializing all (about 11 cars) of us who were staying in the Hampton Inn parked our cars in a row at the very back of the lot and went to sleep. The next morning I got up at about 7:00 (breakfast was at 9:00) and went to load my car and check my oil.

When I got to my car I noticed a gentleman in his late 60s, coffee in hand, walking along all of the S2000s and looking them over. When he got to my car he looked me in the eye and said, "Is this the Honda racing team."

I thought about the great meet that we had, the comradarie of us Vintage owners, and the aggressive drive on Ohio Route 26 and looked up at him and said, "Thats just about right."

He looked at me and said, "That's what I thought".

We both walked away happy.

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000