S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 05-10-2004, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other day i gave my neighbor a ride as soon as i hit vtec he said " holy they should have these at all the major amusement parks."

... yes yes they should
Old 05-10-2004, 12:56 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ThaWyze1
Old 05-10-2004, 01:07 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gotrpms
I was parked in fornt of a country club one time and evey guy who walked out the doorwas like
"nice car"
"wow"
"that must be fast"
well the complements kept coming and one guy said
"Hey jimmy come look at this car"
well i saw jimmy(the man that
Old 05-10-2004, 01:08 PM

Originally posted by douge
Girl says to me, "what kind of car is that?" I hesitate, want to say Ferrari to amuse myself, but I say its a Honda, people seem equally surprised. She says "Its really cute", I cringe, and say your not supposed to tell a guy his car is cute. She says, "It looks like my Barbie car I had when I was younger." I clap my hands to my ears and say you did not just say that. We laugh and drive off.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ThaWyze1
Old 05-10-2004, 02:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by base63bkyn
The other day i gave my neighbor a ride as soon as i hit vtec he said " holy
Old 05-12-2004, 02:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at a car show yesterday parked just outside the bunch of cars in the show.

A bunch of times people would walk out and around my car. 1 Kid said "Wow Sweet, THIS car should be in the show"

Old 05-12-2004, 04:48 PM

My cousin and I were talking about cars this weekend, and I mentioned the S2000 and he's like yeah those things are fast as hell I raced one. So I asked him what happened and he said that the guy must've heard him (he has a trans am) and so he pulled up next to him.
My cousin: "Next thing I heard was some loud ass noise that scared the shit outta me, then he was just gone"
Me: "That was vtec, and it must've sounded awesome"
My cousin: "Yeah, yeah it did."
Old 05-13-2004, 02:46 PM

^ I've never tried racing a Trans Am, but I was under the impression they would be faster than the S. I suppose it depends on what year your friend has.

Today, as I was driving to work, I passed by a huge line of big rigs. I happened to glance up at one of them while passing, and the guy waved out of his open window. I waved back and smiled, then sped up again. Next thing I know, all the semis are honking and waving to me (as I was glancing at the rearview mirror). I thought that was quite neat.

And yes (again), I'm a girl... so it was very flattering to me.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:35 PM

Two stories:

About a year ago, I went to see the premier of 2Fast 2Furious (hoping it was
going to better than the first one) at a drive-in. Getting closer to the place, I noticed there were
a LOT of tuner cars in the parking lot (which I sort of expected) and someone
with a clipboard checking people in (or something). When I pulled up, he said, "whoa,
how much did this thing cost?" and I answered. He quickly replied, "well, I'm definitely
putting you in the front row" which at the time, didn't make any sense to me. He just
pointed to the area he wanted me to park in so I thought, "fine, good view."
Little did I know, I had inadvertently entered myself into a car show. bwahahaha
I didn't know until people started walking up and asking me questions about the car.
Two hours later (nearly losing my voice from all the interest), someone came up to me
and said, "dude, you got second place!" and I started laughing. I only went there to
see the movie. It was funny. Not many S2000's in Vermont (where I was living at
the time). I lost to some highly-modified Supra. At the time, my car was actually,
rather sedate looking (compared to now).
I just thought that memory fit here.

Recently (about two weeks ago), I was coming out of the movies with my girl (still
daylight) and from a distance, I could see about six people gathered around my car and
it was parked 40 yards away from everyone else. I picked up the pace to see what was
going on (actually left Nicole to walk at her own pace). When the folks saw me
walking to the car, the oldest (which I found out later was the dad) sort of got embarassed
and backed away from the car. I didn't realize it until I got closer (and started talking to
him) that the kids were his boys and he said, "they couldn't get out of the van quick enough
when I parked it." As the kids were asking, "wow, is this your car?" I said "sure is" and
opened up the door and let them get behind the wheel.
It was cool to see their young passion for automobiles in full development. I'm not
old enough to forget when I was a young kid falling in love with the iron myself.
As the dad hollered, "ok guys, we've got to get going," one of them walked around the
car for the last time and said, "you've got the bestest car ever!" and they all filed
away.
Future S2000 owner I think.

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000