S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 04-13-2004, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two kids walking through a parking lot playing a game with each other where they were pointing at cars saying "that's mine" and the other would pick another car and say "that's mine". They hadn't spotted mine yet, so I walked past them and just had to join in with my own "that's mine".
Old 04-13-2004, 02:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a couple of recent encounters

First day of class for the spring semester, nice day so I took the S to class.
Some girl in class: (a pretty one too )"Wow you must really love your car if you cover it"

Driving around the other day, stopped at a stoplight with System of a Down blasting on the stereo (it is required by law to play System of a Down at an amplified volume) Some guy in a early 80's Toyota says "Nice car"
Me: (turns down stereo) "Thanks"
guy: "Is it fast?"
Me: "Oh yeah"

Some other one's from the past:

The 16 year old cousin of a girl I'm seeing want's to go for a ride so I take her for one. We're at a stoplight in the left hand turn lane behind a late model SS Camaro. The light turns green and he takes off hard as do I. Because of the traffic I couldn't pass him but I was right on his back bumper.
Her: "Wow, this car is fast. You could have passed that Camaro. Is this car a V-6?"
Me: "No, it's a four cylinder"
Her: "No way!"

Shortly after buying the car I took it home to California and let my dad go for a drive.

Me: "Ok, to start it, push in the clutch, turn the key away from you and push the red start button on the left"
Dad: "Why does it have a start button?"
Me: "I don't know, just because it's cool?"
Dad:

later on during the drive....

Dad: "I'm suprised this car doesn't have a tachometer"
Me: "It does, it's above the speedometer. It's inspired by Formula One race cars"
Dad: "Oh, I thought it was another speedometer"
Me:
Old 04-13-2004, 05:28 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by BBY2KS2K
[...]Dad: "Oh, I thought it was another speedometer"
Me:
Bwahahaha!!! Zero to 9,000 miles per hour in 2 seconds.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:31 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chazmo
Old 04-13-2004, 06:10 AM

Old 04-13-2004, 06:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the first time i went in an s2000 is because my friend stopped a guy in a car park and said i was crazy about it. later on he let me take photos and he offered to take me for a drive. top off, we hit the 9k redline through the city and i was having so much fun. we drove back to the carpark. there were 2 levels up at the 2nd level looking down on us there were some ricers yelling 'its a yellow s2000 yo, come see' and then some guy yells '10 bucks if you can get the chick on the head'? luckily they didnt have the nerve to spit otherwise i would have truly been furious...not about spitting on me, just spitting on the s2000
Old 04-16-2004, 03:47 AM

I finally got one. Last night I took the freshly washed S over to a friends house. On the way through a little town I stop at a red light. Two little boys, maybe 10 years old are standing on the sidewalk and start yelling at me. I turn down the Metallica so I can hear them. They keep saying "spin 'em! spin em!" and "how much did that cost?" Unfortunately, I was on a 25 MPH road in the middle of a town, not the place to do anything crazy. I gave them a little rev, and a little burst of speed when the light turned.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:20 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I was "racing" with a sport bike last night. Nothing major, really just making some noise. Neither of us was trying real hard. (As I am sure he could have devistated me if he were trying.) Anyway, there is this LOOOONG stretch of straight four lane road that basically runs through a forrest perserve. I know cops park at the entrance, so I backed off until I got past the entrance. He went ahead. After the entrance I caught up and went ahead of him for a little.

At the next light he cut through the traffic a little better and got ahead of me again. Then some dude in a beat-up (literly dented) corrola or something rolls up as he had been behind us on the road, then rolls down his window and starts shouting at me to "go get 'em!" I had to laugh.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:13 AM

Scene: Frycow and myself at a light on a 3 lane road. Side by side, we are waiting for the light change. There is a woman in a jeep beside me in the third lane.

Woman: "I'm so sorry for ruining your symmetry. You need a third one."

Me: "That's okay; Jeeps are cool too."

Woman: "Not that cool..."
Old 04-16-2004, 07:46 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rane
Scene: Frycow and myself at a light on a 3 lane road. Side by side, we are waiting for the light change. There is a woman in a jeep beside me in the third lane.

Woman: "I'm so sorry for ruining your symmetry. You need a third one."

Me:

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000