S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 04-08-2007, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sabre,Apr 9 2007, 12:33 AM

I got one this weekend when I stopped to get gas. The pump kid was walking up and I heard him yell over to his friend (who was sitting in a civic HB with unpainted hood and front bumper and an exhaust) "This has the F20C!"

I get out to head into the food mart and he says "Ok, so you are driving one of my dream cars" I just chuckled and told him to fill it before heading inside.

Any compliment is appreciated, informed or not. If nothing else, they are good for a laugh.

I never expected the S2000 to draw the kind of attention it draws, and at first I found it embarassing (or humblling), but after a while I got use to it, and then I started to really enjoy it. The best compliments come from small kids and old people.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thought I'd share this picture. I'm about to hit The Dragon and this Ford decides to pull up next to me, rev, then park.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im driving by a bank last saturday, they have some guy out front by the cars wearing some statue of liberty outfit. hes bouncing around, then sees me pull up to the light. and he gives me two thumbs up, then starts making a hand signal like a plane taking off. it was too funny.

then about an hour later i drove by the same bank, he was sitting on a gaurd rail and banging his head agains a street sign. I guess he didnt like his job too much. Lol
Old 04-09-2007, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by chuhsi,Apr 8 2007, 10:37 PM
Thought I'd share this picture. I'm about to hit The Dragon and this Ford decides to pull up next to me, rev, then park.

Nice
I had this Chevy truck pull up next to me while I was parked at CVS revving the crap out of his engine yesterday. It was lowered with some chrome wheels, system thumping and vibrating the thing apart, altezza tails, well you get the picture.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

a random guy the other day with another s2k pulls along side me to chat and first things out of his words were:

"wow yours is different"
Old 04-09-2007, 05:00 PM

Pulling into my friends neighborhood the other night the guard at the gate was some young guy and I guess he was bored and felt like talking, so this is how it went.

Gaurd: That is a nice car, who makes it?
Me: It's a Honda
Guard: Honda? Hmm, Oh that must be an S2000 right?
Me: Yea
Guard: I used to have one of those,( Then why the hell did he ask me what it was?) but I pulled the motor out and put in a V6.
Me: Really? Why did you do that?
Guard: Oh well I swaped the motor, put in a 300 shot of nitrous, and I moved the e-brake over to the left side so I could lean against the door when I drifted it.
Me: Oh, ok that is cool.
Guard: Yea it was a nice car but my friend wrecked it, he wrecked it when he was drag racing it.

He then proceeded to tell me how his friend wrecked it because the nitrous button was where the old e-brake button was (or some where like that I don't know) after hitting the nitrous he then pulled the e-brake and took his hands off the wheel and wrecked it. Then he started to tell me that the car was so good at drag racing, I then told him that the car was meant for turns, not going fast in a straight line. He looked at me like I was totally wrong and goes " I don't think so".

I go "ok I gotta go nice talking to you"

There was actually more crap that he said, but I dont really pay attention once I realize that the person has no clue what they are talking about, and telling lies.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by 2000silvers2k,Apr 9 2007, 05:04 AM
Im driving by a bank last saturday, they have some guy out front by the cars wearing some statue of liberty outfit. hes bouncing around, then sees me pull up to the light. and he gives me two thumbs up, then starts making a hand signal like a plane taking off. it was too funny.

then about an hour later i drove by the same bank, he was sitting on a gaurd rail and banging his head agains a street sign. I guess he didnt like his job too much. Lol
on my drive home i pass up the same thing. but it's a girl cause i saw her hands. petite with rings and bracelet. they work for the tax place and try to get people to come in.
well anyways, this girl usually just waves very casually untill one day i drive by while wearing my helmet. she stops waving at and just points at me as i drive by.
next day i point back at her. next day i wave back when she waves at me. now she gets excited/happy when i drive by. you can tell her body language changes when she sees me. she blew a kiss at my direction the other day.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:29 PM

^ nice work dude.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by RED MX5,Apr 8 2007, 10:27 PM

I never expected the S2000 to draw the kind of attention it draws, and at first I found it embarassing (or humblling)
No kidding. When I first got the s2k, I never really wanted to put my top down because of all the staring. I couldn't help but wonder if they were admiring the car or if they were staring at me for some other reason.

I attribute the top down staring to the red interior.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RACER,Apr 8 2007, 12:46 AM
You big dork, why do you always post that big ass smile? hahah

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000