S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 03-24-2007, 07:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Devious.' date='Mar 24 2007, 06:34 PM
my car oem is sebring. when i painted it berlina it was atleast 2 times faster. (seriously)
I will slay you!
Old 03-24-2007, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an unusual amount of comments today. I know people have mentioned this before, but here in SoCal the s2k doesn't stand out THAT much since there are a lot of nice/nicer cars around.

Well today was a bit overcast but still nice out so I had my top down and I stopped at a gas station. As soon as I stopped there was an employee who was refilling the paper towels at each pump and she was with a trainee I suppose. The trainee says," That's a nice car," and as I am swiping my credit card the other employee says," Yea, that's what I was thinking, you must have a special credit card there." I just laugh and say thanks.

As I finish pumping gas a woman walks out of the store of the gas station and her car is at the pump behind mine, she says," Wow, that's a nice car." I say thank you and she says," It must be the only one on the road." I was kind of confused and she asks," Is that the only one on the road?" I say no and she says," Oh, I guess it's just the way you have it, it makes it pop out." I guess she thought it was a rare or special car and I'm guessing she was referring to the red interior.

As I was driving home a dad, mom and young son, maybe around 7 years old, were walking on the sidewalk. As I pass by and slow down for a red light, the kid yells at the top of his lungs," That's a really nice car!" and I look over and smile and his parents are smiling and looking over and as my car is stopped at the light I can see him in my rear view just pointing and yelling "That's a nice car!" and his dad seemed to be checking out the car too.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Convict' date='Mar 24 2007, 07:58 PM
I had an unusual amount of comments today. I know people have mentioned this before, but here in SoCal the s2k doesn't stand out THAT much since there are a lot of nice/nicer cars around.
It seems to stand out here (Somewhat) in San Diego... I get compliments and stares all the time!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LoudMusic' date='Mar 18 2004, 09:02 AM
I was a bit amazed by all the salesmen I've talked to recently. For Honda, Mazda, Toyota, Nissan ... none of them really seem to know much about the cars. I guess that's the stereotype for sales people - they don't have to know what it is they're selling in order to sell it.

Have any of you met a car salesman that was also a "car guy" ? The mechanics are usually pretty good, but the salesmen amaze me at how little they actually know.

Honda salesman from NY. I am the GO-TO guy for product knowledge in my store, and not just my cars. I am a certified car nut. I read all the mags, although i'll admit i'm not totally schooled in JDM and the import scene. But i'm working on it!!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:48 AM

Last summer at Ocean City Maryland after a car show everyone was driving around and having fun and I kept winding out 2nd gear and letting it whistle as the rpm's drop drawing attention to myself and g/f. We'll this nice older southern lady leans over her husband in there big new T-ruck and said "wez neva seens one of dem befo' that tis the nicest car wez seen all day and youz is the cutest couple too!" and so on and asked the normal questions like "Why does it whistle like that?" and what kind of car, size of engine and when they came out? 7 years ago!

It made my day and now, fiance' day also.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Devious.' date='Mar 24 2007, 09:34 PM
my car oem is sebring. when i painted it berlina it was atleast 2 times faster. (seriously)

When my car was sebring I took my dog out with me to a meet one evening. Well, she wasn't too happy about being out in the parking lot with ricers doing burnouts and other gay things so she led me back to "her" car... She was immediately confused and started sniffing all of the s2k's trying to figure out which one was hers. She finally found her car and jumped up the door like she normally does to tell me it's time to go.

Yup. you guessed it. it was the wrong silver s2k. I was rolling.

yah, i dont think id be laughing to hard if i saw that fricken dog jump on my car door.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by 2000silvers2k' date='Mar 26 2007, 12:39 PM
yah, i dont think id be laughing to hard if i saw that fricken dog jump on my car door.
Are you kidding? She's adorable, if she jumped in my car, you better get her out before I close the door and take her home.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:34 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by VorlonDrow' date='Mar 24 2007, 08:44 PM
Several months back some guy in a red 3000GT revs at a stop light..we race...I win...(he cannot drive)...pulls up to me at the next stop light and says "Oh I thought that was a miata"
Tell him it is a Miata.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:00 PM

I don't know if this will be funny or not, since I can't reveal the source of the comments, and it may only be funny to be because I know where it came from. In any event, I've been looking for an FSB for my S2000, and I mentioned same to a friend. The friend in question is one of the smartest people I know; An inventor, manufacturer, machinest, engineer, and more, all rolled into one. He's also one of the nicest men I've ever met, and will go out of his way to help pretty much anyone with pretty much any problem. Like so many smart people, he's eager to share what he knows (but as you'll see, he knows nothing about the S2000). Anyway, this super-genius learned that I was going to put a stiffer FSB on my S2000, and in an effort to help, offered the following advice:

"I assume you are aware that stiffening the front anti-roll bar causes the
car to understeer and stiffening the rear anti-roll bar causes the car to
oversteer. If so, then you understand that you probably want to increase
the stiffness of the rear bar, not the front because cars all come from the
factory with a lot of deliberate understeer
as this is easier for the
average idiot driver to handle."

I guess it just goes to show you how easy it is for even the smartest people to get things wrong when it comes to the S2000.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:46 PM

Was heading down a well known shopping stip, with traffic bumper to bumper.

Roof down, i notice this hot looking asian chick looking at me in her Subaru Forester.

She smiles, then says "nice car".

I smile back and say "Thanks. Its nice to have that come from such a good looking woman".

Move off in traffic.

NFR works.

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000