S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 02-01-2007, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi/S2K fool,Feb 1 2007, 07:33 AM
Hey man, I agree and disagree with your situation. Although your attitude rubs me to a degree the wrong way, sometimes its OK for parents to provide for their kids. I've had my first car bought for me in high school....it wasn't a S2000, but in scale a preowned S2000 isn't exactly worth 30K. There are more "spoiled brats" out there in the world!

Now, would I have rather had my parents pay for college and pay for everything else....yes! I have student loans that I could have bought a brand new 911 Turbo with! But then again, a car would not have provided me with the opportunities that I have now to be financially independent and be solid with my career.

Just understand that a lot of people work hard for a living, no use dismissing them because of your opportunities. I hate to sound like my dad, I'm only 27 and had to work really hard through school (working full time + class + extra curricular). In the real world, nice things like S2000s do not drop on your lap often. Enjoy it, respect it, and remember the world is larger than you think. Now back on topic!
i have no attitude towards anyone, unless they criticize/judge me for having what i have. the S2000 wasn't purchased for me in high school either; it was a college present. i drove a 10 year old Prelude in high school but i made do with it. and i did contribute my savings account at the time of purchase of the S2000. i gave them $3k - a far cry from what the car was worth, but a contribution nonetheless. i just dont understand how me telling a story about my S2000 (thread-oriented) should turn into me being judged for getting a (close to) free car. anyone who has a problem needs to grow up.

any replies to my posts regarding this topic can be sent to me by PM - the mods are gonna close this if it keeps up
-Chris
Old 02-01-2007, 09:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Perhaps his parents worked their assess off and wish to provide their child with gifts and opportunities which escaped them in their early years. There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying your child a car and/or providing them with more than simply what is necessary to survive. Give your children enough to do something, but not enough to do nothing. I would hardly call his spoiled because he got a 5 year old s2000.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by vtec9,Feb 1 2007, 01:25 PM
Perhaps his parents worked their assess off and wish to provide their child with gifts and opportunities which escaped them in their early years. There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying your child a car and/or providing them with more than simply what is necessary to survive. Give your children enough to do something, but not enough to do nothing. I would hardly call his spoiled because he got a 5 year old s2000.
thank you - and yeh my parents had next to nothing growing up
-Chris
Old 02-02-2007, 10:01 AM

what was the original topic again?

lol, my parents bought me a car in high school also.... 2002 eclipse... i made due with it as well, and then sold it, got WAY more than its worth (8k) and made a downpayment and a loan on my AP2... but still, had to have parents help on that. I had No credit then.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:27 AM

I bought my car myself..no help from parents.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:30 AM

how old are you?

err how old were you when you bought it?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:46 AM

Old 02-02-2007, 11:10 AM

Come on guys, back on topic. There are plenty of other threads for arguing about who's spoiled or not. Do a search, dig one up, and reply to that one if you really need to discuss this.

Don't want to get this epic thread closed over this.

thanks!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:47 AM

isnt it supposed to be closed after 2000 posts...

o well, back on topic

when i went to get my test pipe put on, there was a guy with a 2000 model Cobra Mustang. Big sezzy v8! woot.

well, i was infront of him in line. they put mine up on the lift to get under it and he casually walks over to me and the mechanic. the mechanic is under my car tearing off the old one, and im standing about 2 feet away with the new TP in hand.

he walks up and after a thourough visual inspection of my car, says, thats a nice little v6 you got there. i hear they can beat the new cobras.

the mechanic almost dropped his tools...

lol i didnt even have to open my mouth. the mechanic almost assaulted the guy! it was GREAT!

The mechanic started by saying. No, this is a fourbanger. see the engine arrangement, you can tell by the bottom of the car. secondly, these dont touch the new cobras. the cobra's are twice the motor.

then, he saw my face. i was about to give a nice defensive speach about the s2000, but he cut me off.

i have seen a turbo one around here boosting 615hp 450tq tho, and it can kill anything around ... lol

i love my test pipe and the silly redneck mechanics around here...

the mech drove a chevy truck that was like 5 ft off the ground... ><
Old 02-02-2007, 01:14 PM

What is it about domestic muscle car drivers that get sooo defensive when it comes to Japanese 4 cyl cars? S2000 is a pretty simple formula of power to weight ratio.... if you use garbage platforms with antiquated engines, you don't get good power to weight ratios!! Thats the bottom line.

BTW, my Audi smokes mustangs on the highway and I have 4 heated seats, huge trunk, and a dual climate control....how about that! I do however have realized the "no replacement for displacement" mantra.....V8s just make a shite load of power!

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000