S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 01-06-2007, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for me it's the whole "cute" comment ... just can't take it anymore
Old 01-06-2007, 02:49 PM

I have a co-worker that takes every opportunity to call my S a Miata (trying to get to me). But I just calmly look him dead in the eyes and remind him its okay for him not to know what it is because he's too FAT to fit in it anyway.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Miata huh? I get plenty of peeps (mainly girls) telling me I should've gotten a G35. That makes me feel great about where I put my $34k.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:49 PM

I was coming out of Sams the other day, and when walking towards the parking isle my NFR was parked, I bolted when I saw an NFR with the top down, I had my top up this day. (I live in a small college town, hardly ever see an S2000, and never a NFR) .. then after a few moments, I spotted mine, same isle.. with the top up.. I thought, damn, almost unbelievable another NFR s2000 in Norman, Ok., as I drove off, I noticed a dark haired woman with an arm full of purchases approaching the topless NFR... I decided to come back around for a word, .. as she's loading up the roadster, I pull up with the the top down, just behind her's, and shout out "nice miata" with a smile... she looks over and sees me in my NFR with the top down, and her expression with objection quickly changes to a smile.. and she replies "ditto" .. we exchange a few words then I drive off..

same day spotted a SPA s2000 in the same area driving out of HD parking lot with a small sheet of plywood in his passanger seat, top down.. exchanged a couple of honks..

back in November, (just out for a drive) driving down Main St., Norman, Ok.. stopped at a light, top down, perfect 73 degrees and sun out.. (sun always out in Ok).. waiting for the light to turn green, a guy in the lane next to me sticks his head out the window of his P/U and starts chatting... "that car looks pretty fun"? my reply "the best" .. then he says "will it get it pretty good"? my reply "it's a race car.. fast as all hell" (funning him).. he smiles.. light turns.. (nothing like an NFR shining in the sun.. top down) ...
Old 01-07-2007, 11:40 PM

your guys make me wanna jump into my S and take it for a ride...

anyway, one time i was at my mechanic and this dude came in with the following comments without knowing me as the owner:

"hey, the owner of this car is weird! how come he put a Honda "H" badge on his car, isnt this a Ferrari?"

cracked me up some...
Old 01-07-2007, 11:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

" that thing's a honda? "
Old 01-08-2007, 12:17 AM
AP2

i was driving by the entrance of the mall and some kids started the "oohh" and "ahh" thing and finally one yells out...OMG its an S2MILLION....hahah

and a couple months back i was driving through downtown San Diego and was at a red light when an older lady crossing the street says, "I have one of those too" , so I ask "really, what color?" and her response is "Silverstone"....and i was like in surprise...
Old 01-08-2007, 12:19 AM

I always look in my rearview at stop lights and about 90 percent of people behind me are looking over their dash at the back of my car trying to figure out what it is. If I don't get on it after the light....car very loud now and probably makes them mad or something...they usually pull up and ask me what it is...I always reply a HONDA S2000...honda a little louder than s2000 to make sure they heard...which disappoints most I think lol.

Most of the time I get compliments from people standing at the gas station one time along the lines of ..."Jesus I thought a jet was taking off down the road"....which I reply "no only a few parts of a jet"
Old 01-08-2007, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Looneybomber,Jan 6 2007, 03:40 AM
After I bought my car, I emailed pictures to a few of my coworkers. One of them talkes to me at work a few days later and asked me if the car I bought was a Tiburon. I couldn't believe it.

My GF told some of her coworkers about my car. One of them recently bought an early 90's BMW325. She went off about how it was a just a Honda, not a Bimmer and how s2000's are a dime a dozen.
HAHAHAHA a tiburon, now ill be offended by that comment
Old 01-08-2007, 12:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a kid tell me this over the internet.

"are you you you know ... that term gay?... no seriously are you?... lol that stuff under your eye scares the crap out of me. dude bangs died out in the late 90's your so embaressing. im surprised you own a s2k cocky **** "

Apparently to him, peeps with a sense of style, personality, and know how to spell aren't allowed to drive S2000s. Just to reply to him, I don't see any bangs in the picture and the eye shadow thing has been done many times by rock stars.

He might be on this forum. If you guess right, I'll confirm.
*hint - he's posted ridiculous threads and comments many times before (ie. buying an automatic S because his mom won't let him drive stick, converting the headlights to pop-up ones on his imaginary S), often replied by other members with ridicule and digust.

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000