S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 10-23-2006, 08:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Riceboi, your sig is freaking me out.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IBTL Made my fair share of contribution to this thread.

I think one of the moderators should make this a sticky.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

One story that I forgot to share was from a trip a couple weeks ago. My girlfriend and I were travelling down the Oregon coast for the weekend. She had to go to the bathroom so I pulled into a McDonalds and sat there while she ran inside.

A kid, maybe 10 or 11 comes out and stares at my car, completely ignoring a brand new Crossfire two spaces down. Asks me how much I paid. I tell him 20k, he nods, still staring and asks me how fast I've had it. I tell him 138Mph and he suddenly yells out "YES!" and gives me a high five before going and joining his sk8r buddies.

Do I get points for corrupting them before they can drive??

On my way home from that same trip, I stopped at a rest area to clean off a ton of bugs from the windshield and nose. An older couple comes up to their car next to mine and the guy looks the car over and says "You've got the wrong car".

I looked at him kind of puzzled and he goes "You shouldnt have one that's nicer than mine!" (Older Exploder). I laugh and told him since winter is coming, maybe he's right. He smiled and went on his way.

Good times
Old 10-23-2006, 07:38 PM

Received 17 Likes on 2 Posts

This one is from 1999 (it was late sept or early oct)! Right after I got my car on the day they first came out (didnt see any S cars for at least a month after getting it I think Sept 13?), I pulled up at Chevron to fill up and this guy about 35 ran over to my car very excited and his voice was shrill/high pitched he was so excited. He said "What in the world is that?" When I told him a Honda he freaked out and said "No way it must be Italian or something!". He was incredulous. Still remember what he looked like to this day it made me smile/laugh so much...

Ted
Old 10-23-2006, 11:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I driving into the bank parking lot today when a dude looks at me with an excited expression. That puzzled me a bit as I parked. He came up and said "YES! That's an 06 S2000! You keep it clean too!" I agreed with him. He goes on to tell me works @ the local Honda where I got my car. I tell him I got ripped off with the clear coat that's 3 times the price of aftermarkets. He tells me I get a 5 year warranty with the coat. I tell him I was stupid and got the 7 year warranty. He looked a little sad. I was about to continue bashing at how I got gyped at that Honda as I didn't know better before when he said he had to go. I think I ruined his day.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

went to honda dealership to buy a part for my car. a sales rep comes up to me and says i have an ugly car (my s2k). i look at him confused and he tells me i should get the ap2. -__-
Old 10-24-2006, 06:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Insulting customers...That's a great way to obtain sales!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:13 PM

Damn...another new car? What is it a Cobra?

My Boss.....hmmm...maybe he pays me too much.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:38 PM

Probably my favorite thread on S2ki here since I've joined, so I figure I'll contribute to its greatness:

1. Driving down a public road in the afternoon, top down of course, when a gentleman in his Ford Ranger paces me and then yells out across the passenger window "That thing have a Vee 8?" I smiled and replied "No, a little 4 cylinder" upon which he looked at me puzzled and then roared off.

2. "Its raw" - couple of friends

3. "Holy shit, this thing is like a race car" - my uncle who looked like he had literally about shit his pants when I showed him VTEC in 2nd, 3rd, and part of 4th on a few S curves.

4. "Its like a spaceship" - a close friend. I'm thinking he was particular impressed by the digital tach.

5. "This thing has some major "huggage" " - close friend. Referring to the S's ability to "hug" the road.

6. "Whoa" - close friend said after hitting VTEC in 2nd. He then proceeded to explain to the rest of my buddies was like (does hand motions of a plane taking off)

7. "I bet this thing is a chic magnet" - various friends.

8. "I'll drive it into the service bay for ya" - random Honda tech at the dealership when I brought it in for the first oil change. All the service advisors stole a look at it, and I was asked "how I like it". To which I replied "its pretty nice

9. It feels like going on a roller coaster - 2 different people on the same day, same stretch of road. Odd, but true (although roller coasters don't have VTEC )

10. "Its feels light, nimble, agile. Its not all all torquey compared to the Z but once you hit VTEC ... (grins)...its all smiles - " - comment from a friend who's mom owns a 350Z which he has autox on a number of occasions. Said he prefered the S2000 much more and that it was his "dream car".

The car has spawned plenty of VTEC jokes and such among my buddies. If we order out, and I go pick it up, they'd say something along the lines of "man that food was good. Must have been cause it experienced VTEC"

or if an actor gets an ass whooping in an action flik one of them will comment wryly about "that axe hit that guy harder than VTEC".

Some of the stuff I get is just unbelievable, and makes the ownership experience just that much more interesting.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:18 PM

"Holy Shit, what kind of car is that?"

"A Honda, S2000."

"A HONDA?! God damn, that is so money. Does it have a 6 speed too?"

"Yep, sure does."

"Damn, I love that. It's nicer then most BMW's I see."

Some drunk guy infront of a Wawa at 12AM, my Girlfriend and I were on a snack run before the movies. Haha.

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000