S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 09-08-2006, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have yet to get a porsche comment, but i did get a fun comment today

i was on my way into work and i was at a redlight. a white (newer model) 300zx TT pulls up beside me. i know its a turbo by sound but maybe not the stock TT version. Its loud as hell, and the windows are tinted that dark mirror reflective stuff where you cant see in at all.

so he rolls them down and comments that he loves my car and wished he had bought one of them. light turns green and he burns them and tears off down the road *pshht* turbo noises etc. I sat there for another second or two and then cruised on to work.

good morning.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:26 AM

Right when i got my S2000... I pull out of the Dealer. This lady gose WOOOW thats a nice car i was soo suprised i never heard that in my Evo and i said thanks.

Then one day driving around. Some guy screams GODDAMNNN what kind of car is that?

At a Gas Station 2 ghetto guys thats Sick Porche.

Driving around with my buddy ( 1000 HP supra) this supra is Sick its sounds like a Jet No joke... Has a Wide Body.. Guy in a car.. Ur car will Smoke him right. I just laugh... Then the Supra guned and shot out some flames.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:16 PM

woot for supras! but i like our cars more! more comfortable to drive... imo!
Old 09-08-2006, 07:19 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I was working. A lady driving a current generation Honda Accord pulls up in the 'drive-through' and says is that your red car over there. I say yes it is with a smile. She says it's so cute and adorable. 'What kind of car is that?' is her question and I replied with a grin on my face that it is an S2000. I couldn't help but grin. She said it was cute over and over. I have heard from girls that cute isn't necessarily a bad thing either. I hope she has hot daughters that she will send to pick up her medications next time around.

I guess the last sentence answers the first you guys may have had in mind. I do not work in a fastfood place. I work in a Pharmacy that has a 'drive-through' service.

Another guy today is picking up his meds. He is a regular customer and I recognize people by their cars. This time he is inside the store rather than being in the 'drive-through'. I ask him how he likes his Acura RL and mention that they are rare since no one buys them. He doesn't really make any positive remarks about it and asks if that is my S2000 outside. I nod yes and he says I had a silver one before my lease was up. "It's a fun car." I say "It's a great car."

(I park my car in a lot only my one coworker and my pharmacist park and is in view at all times). The main lot is too scary for me.

One coworker has a '99 Camaro SS and recently sold his 01 Prelude. My pharmacist has a GTO. Another coworker had a modded A4 and now has an Audi 90cs. We are always bs'ing about cars in general. So it's closing time and we are all off. Another coworker hears us talking about cars in general and he asks what I have. I say just a Honda. He says like an Accord? I say smile and say yeah something like that. When we're outside he revs his parents Buick as a joke.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:31 PM

"nice Porsche"...idiot haha

or my personal favorite quote while I was pumping gas at shell... "where da ho's at man? I know you got 'em in dat fly ass ride of yours" haha
Old 09-08-2006, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Black S,Sep 8 2006, 10:31 PM
"nice Porsche"...idiot haha
I wouldn't go as far as calling him/her an idiot. Not everyone is a car enthusiast and do notice the lines of a car. They see a nice looking convertible and aquaint it with a very popular convertible--a miata or a boxster. The miata being the most recognized sports car.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So someone drives a Rio AP2 and parks in my parking lot maybe once a week.

I happen to park my Silverstone AP2 next to him one day. Two older women get out of their cars just as I do. I overhear:

Woman 1 - "Ooo..that yellow one is so cute! It looks like a little toy"

Woman 2 - "That silver one's so sexy."

Yup... +1 for silverstone! (and I was SO close to buying Rio)
Old 09-08-2006, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by chuhsi,Sep 9 2006, 12:09 AM
So someone drives a Rio AP2 and parks in my parking lot maybe once a week.

I happen to park my Silverstone AP2 next to him one day. Two older women get out of their cars just as I do. I overhear:

Woman 1 - "Ooo..that yellow one is so cute! It looks like a little toy"

Woman 2 - "That silver one's so sexy."

Yup... +1 for silverstone! (and I was SO close to buying Rio)
Imagine if they saw new formula red! They would have to be taken away by an ambulance because it is too much ecstacy for the normal person.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:33 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,958 Likes on 1,750 Posts

^ Hey...plenty of peeps think Rio is sexy. Take my word for it.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The yellow does stand out and get noticed.

Sitting in front of Post Office waiting for the wif - guy with a jaguar stops on his way in to admire the car and talk a little. He wanted to know what it is, what year, etc. He had never seen one before!!! He was surprised to learn that they have been around for 6 years. I know there are a few around town - at least 2 silver and a red. He had never noticed until he saw my yellow.

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000