S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 08-17-2006, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my '06 LBP about a month ago. I've heard the Miata, Z4, Del Sol, etc crap a bunch of times, but these instances stand out...

Standing in front of movie theater talking to a freind of a freind about my car, some guy about early to mid 20s over hears the conversation, then proceeds to tell me that the "older ones" are MUCH faster as they have 267 hp stock compared to the newer ones which only have 240 hp! I'm kind of dumbfounded and just say "OK" because I don't really care to discuss it with him. He then proceeds to tell me that he just bought his dad an older one and it will lift the front wheels off the gound!

*A possible footnote to this story is that another buddy of mine's neighbor just bought a MY03, and was telling him about it being the last year of the good engine. And the guy has a son with a POS mustang. While I didn't see the car of the guy at the theater, I have a funny feeling that that was the son!

I don't like to brag much, and recently atDinner with my boss and a guy from a different division, we were talking about cars and the other guy asked me what I drive. I said "a honda" and he asked if it was all tricked out and I told him I just bought it. At that point my boss tells him its an S2000 and he says "listen to you; just a honda". My boss then mments that he pays me too much.

Good salesman stories coming up:

When buying my car, after everything was done, I had to go in the little room with the finance guy where he tried to get me to buy the warrantees, prepaid service, and other crap. One thing he kept really insisting on was the tire and wheel protecting because of the 18s on the car. I didn't bother correcting him, but he must have said "18s" a dozen times.

The first day I went to the dealer, they had a GPW I was thinking about buying. When the salesman pulled it aroundfor the test drive, there turned out to be a sofball sized dent above the rear fender. I pointed at it and told him no deal; it has a dent. He then proceeded to tell me th they already had a guy coming out to fix it and that I'd never know it was there!

And my absolute favorite:

About 2 years ago I was looking at a Sebring silver inside the showroom. You know the little covers for the tie down points on the front and rear? Well, the salesman told me they were the radar sensors for the cruise control to adjust your speed o the cars in front and behind you!!!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by bkomlyn,Aug 17 2006, 11:37 AM
.... the salesman told me they were the radar sensors for the cruise control to adjust your speed o the cars in front and behind you!!!!!
what a dumbass!
Old 08-17-2006, 04:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by feistyS2K,Aug 17 2006, 11:59 AM
what a dumbass!
Rarely, do I ever meet knowledgeable salesman in the car dealerships or in any other business. Not saying all car salesman are unknowledgeable, just very rare these days.

We should clone Matt Piercy,( knowledgeable and sincere) from meeting him to all that I've read on this site.

Hi Mary
Old 08-17-2006, 04:51 PM

Phil/Alex you got me all confused......
Old 08-17-2006, 08:48 PM

One day after work all of the co workers went out to play some softball and i just traded my rsx type s for the S2k and a guy started saying what a big mistake I made trading my acura for a Miata. He was saying how bad miata engines are. I stopped him right there and told him it's a Honda S2000 and it is no Miata. He felt crunchy after saying what he said in front of everyone. I even get a lot of " I didnt know Honda makes RWD"
Old 08-17-2006, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by metralogia,Aug 17 2006, 09:48 PM
He felt crunchy ....
I haven't heard that term in HELLA long! I think my mom used it last
Old 08-18-2006, 03:48 AM

Do not mettle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:39 AM

Old 08-18-2006, 09:06 AM

I had a guy at the gas station ask me if my S had a fiberglass body about 2 days ago.

I was kinda shocked and probably looked at him for a few seconds with a WTF look on my face
Old 08-19-2006, 03:21 PM

Talking

I bought a four-year-old Miata ten years ago, put 220K miles on it, and didn't have to add oil between (3K mile) oil changes. The car NEVER left me stranded, and the only engine expense in those ten years was a defective camshaft position sensor, which I replaced myself in fifteen minutes (and $600+ dollars poorer). I got 33MPG consistently. It was a fun car at the time; of course, I graduated to my S2K when ten years of New York City driving took its toll on the appearance. I sold it to an old gent in my town for $1.5K, and he was after me for a year to sell it to him. When someone criticizes the Miata engine, I smile to myself.

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000