S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 08-08-2006, 05:09 PM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fanz,Aug 6 2006, 09:11 PM
Ahem...that would be SOME girls with cars.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was coming out of work today and an old man was sitting there smoking a cigar in his oldschool caddy convertable, as i was driving away i realized i forgot my Ipod inside so i pulled into a spot a few down from him, he immediatly gets out of his car and proceeds with "what the hell is that?" i explain its and s2000 and apparently that was not the answer he was looking for. "yea but what is it?!"...."its a honda"......"oh" he says with a bewildered look on his face.

he then paced back and forth for a few minutes just muttering "honda...honda... honda...."

Honda>caddy
Old 08-09-2006, 06:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KnowledgeIsPower,Aug 8 2006, 05:53 PM
I was coming out of work today and an old man was sitting there smoking a cigar in his oldschool caddy convertable, as i was driving away i realized i forgot my Ipod inside so i pulled into a spot a few down from him, he immediatly gets out of his car and proceeds with "what the hell is that?" i explain its and s2000 and apparently that was not the answer he was looking for. "yea but what is it?!"...."its a honda"......"oh" he says with a bewildered look on his face.

he then paced back and forth for a few minutes just muttering "honda...honda... honda...."

Honda>caddy
That's pretty funny... lol.

Here's another...
I was walking out of the gym one day and this guy (mid to late 20's) was walking in front of me maybe like 10 feet. I was parked like right near the main door entrance of the gym (it has it's own parking lot) and as he walked by, he was staring it down like a Hawk preys on a mouse on the ground. Even after he walked passed it, he still had his head turned looking... lol. So I press the remote key and the lights flicker and he notices it's mine. As I'm about to open the door, I hear him mumble... "Is that your whip?"... lol. I was so shocked that he said whipped that I said... "What?". And he goes... "Is that your car?".

Me: "Yeah."
Him: "Oh man... that thing is so nice. I went to go look at one and I really liked it but found it kind of small."
Me: "To me it's perfect... it's a roadster, so you're not going to have much storage but the room is perfect for me. Do you want to sit in it?"

(Bad idea... I'll explain in a bit."

Him: "Ok... if you don't mind." So he sits in the car and continues. "Damn... this thing is really nice... it actually does have pretty good room in here."
Me: "Yeah... I really like it."

Well then... he decides to get out and I mentioned before that this was a bad idea cause when he got up... there was nothing but gym sweat all over my passenger seat... so nasty. And then I looked at his back and it looked like he just fell backwards into a puddle or something... I was just like... What was I thinking????... lol.

But we said... see you around... to each other and went our merry way.

Next day... I washed my seats...

Andre
Old 08-09-2006, 10:06 AM
HJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 8kGoodENuff,Aug 9 2006, 10:20 AM
Next day... I washed my seats...
Next day you did. I woulda done a clean wipe down as soon as I got home.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:47 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, but you made his day, even if he did make a "deposit" in your car.

(btw, don't use water on your seats. make sure to use leather cleaner and condition... water's neutral pH is bad for leather)
Old 08-10-2006, 12:35 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Lots of funny things have been said in regards to my car since I last posted here, but I thought this is worth posting.

Yesterday morning, I parked at a client's facility, and was walking towards the building, when I saw one of the client IT guys driving into the parking lot. I was pretty far from my car at this point, so I didn't think he saw me exiting my car.

Anyway, later in the day, he showed up at my cubicle, and first thing he said was, "I know you're not married." I was a little baffled by this, and asked, "why's that?" He paused a few seconds, and said, "'cos no woman would let a man buy a car that hot."

Old 08-11-2006, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by PeaceLove&S2K,Aug 10 2006, 03:35 PM
"'cos no woman would let a man buy a car that hot."

I'm fortunate enough to be married to a woman who encourages me.
("It's not a blessing; It's a curse." - Adrian Monk)
Old 08-11-2006, 06:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmo,Aug 9 2006, 04:47 PM
Yeah, but you made his day, even if he did make a "deposit" in your car.

(btw, don't use water on your seats. make sure to use leather cleaner and condition... water's neutral pH is bad for leather)
Yeah... good thing is was only a sweat "deposit" and not a Jiz "deposit" because he was pretty excited about sitting in the car... lol.

Definitely used leather cleaner to wash down the seats and not water... thanks for the look out anyway though...

Andre
Old 08-11-2006, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by 2HEATY,Aug 8 2006, 03:03 PM
when ppl call it a miata i feel cheap even though i know the other person is wrong, i yawn...
A cousin of mine was in town for a couple of weeks from Arizona. He owns a couple of miatas (blue and green), and sold his first one which was white. I let my cousin drive my car almost everyday when he was here, as he let me when i was there, so he had the honors on the way to get some dessert. We were going to going to get ice cream with some other cousins, and they were riding in a Cherokee ahead of us. When my younger cousin saw us drive by the Jeep, she looked to her older brother and asked "Wow! Ash brought his Miata with him!?!?! "

I wanted to kill her!
Old 08-12-2006, 07:13 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambizzle,Aug 11 2006, 02:59 PM
A cousin of mine was in town for a couple of weeks from Arizona. He owns a couple of miatas (blue and green), and sold his first one which was white. I let my cousin drive my car almost everyday when he was here, as he let me when i was there, so he had the honors on the way to get some dessert. We were going to going to get ice cream with some other cousins, and they were riding in a Cherokee ahead of us. When my younger cousin saw us drive by the Jeep, she looked to her older brother and asked "Wow! Ash brought his Miata with him!?!?! "

I wanted to kill her!
Looks like Ash repainted his Miata too.

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000