S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 07-15-2006, 06:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 02 has a hardtop. While in Sapulpa Oklahama ( a small rural town west of Tulsa) I pulled in to a convience store for gas. Two teens were buying gas for their beater. One guy says ...." nice car. I had one of those when I lived in California except mine was a convertable". His buddy looked at him and said .... right.... then what are you doing driving this piece of $h1t?"
Old 07-16-2006, 07:34 AM

This morning I went grocery shopping early becuz I knew I'd be buying allot...so I put the top up in the parking lot of Harris Teeter in Arlington.

As I walk towards the doors, this guy leaning on guard rail says, "Wow that's a sharp car. Is it a new Mercedes?"

"It's a Honda, actually."

"THAT is a Honda?" <--- stunned disbelief

"Yes...and thank you!"
Old 07-16-2006, 07:39 AM

At the car wash, kid comes up and asks me if I have the V6 in the car, I say no its the F20c, he says in Japan the S2000 has a 6cyl and revs to 11,000 rpm.

The youth of today is so misguided
Old 07-16-2006, 05:03 PM

"Compensating for something?"

(answer: Yeah, compensating for 40 years without one!)

From one of my (female) classmates at community college: "You must REALLY be trying to get married."

(answer: No, just trolling for bubbleheads who want short-term meaningless affairs.)

A couple other guys, including the salesman of course, said "chicks really go for this."

(answer: Sheesh, not even a Ferrari and Rolls-Royce put together would help ME in THAT department.)

"What was the price range on that?"

(answer: look it up online or go to the Honda dealer and look at the sticker.)

"No, I'm not asking the price, just the general range."

(answer: look it up online or go to the Honda dealer and look at the sticker.)

"Wow, that's a fancy sports car."

(answer: no wife or kids, there are benefits.)

"We're just drooling on your car."

(answer: no answer is possible, or at least advisable, to that comment)

This was today from three of my friends who darted outside after we finished lunch so they could look at it. One of them actually might buy her own S soon. Until then, she sure can ride in mine!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Not really a funny thing but a comment...

I was sitting at a traffic light about 3 cars back and some girl made a right turn from the intersection towards me in the opposite direction. While she drove by, she looked over and goes... "Ohhhh, pretty car."

Now I don't know to take that as a compliment or not, but I will since it's coming from a girl and not a guy. If a guy said that, then it would be an insult.

Andre
Old 07-24-2006, 10:26 AM

During SESM 2004 we saw a guy in an Accura rear-end the car in front of him at a light because the guy in the Accura had his head cranked around watching all the S2000s going by. It was just a light bump, so I didn't feel like too much of a heal when I laughed. Since then I've seen two other people almost wreck while staring at my car.
(I guess that's more scary than funny. )
Old 07-24-2006, 10:45 AM

It happened last week in a company event. One of the senior managers in another department heard that I got a car. He asked what car I got, and I said "a Honda." He then asked me to show him the car, and then said, "This for sure isn't your mamma's Honda!"
Old 07-24-2006, 10:49 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,958 Likes on 1,750 Posts

One of my nephews saw my new 06 Rio and made some smart remark about it looking gay. I guess because of the color. Didn't keep him from wanting to drive it, though! The answer, of course, was "NO".
Old 07-24-2006, 12:28 PM

Maybe by gay he meant happy.

Yellow gets no love from insecure guys- maybe because their girlfriends usually can't stop looking at it.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This past week I let my brother-in-law drive my S home on some local twisties. On approaching home, I told him to just go ahead and park it in the garage. He seem to have figured out the aggressive nature of the car and did a rather "quick" stop in the garage. Upon stopping the car just short of my tool bench, he remarked "9 cents change" I looked at him rather quisically, and he explained - "stops on a dime and gives you 9 cents change" - and it is a good thing it does give change, or I would probably be doing some major mods on the front of my car

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000