S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 04-06-2006, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that funny but made me

The owner of a roofing company who drives a newer Denali commented on the S after I got home from college- "Your son drives a nicer car than I do."
Old 04-06-2006, 09:09 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

this thread has over 100,000 views now!
Old 04-07-2006, 02:23 AM

stupidest thing i ever heard about an s2k from a friend on the bus was "that's not a honda, they're too ugly"
Old 04-07-2006, 02:36 AM

my favorite was hearing from a neighbor kid about how you can tell it's european by the curves and lights and whatnot.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Maskdman3,Apr 6 2006, 06:29 PM
Was driving home the other day (Mon or Tues) after a heavy rain. The roads were very wet and I was not in a good mood (as a result of fighting with the woman in the car with me).

Some fools in a Mustang with annoying exhaust pull up along side and keep revving up and sprinting a few feet ahead before slowing down trying to entice a race. After about 3 times when I don't bite they pull along side and the passenger starts yelling obsenities at me trying to fuel the fire.

I look over at my gf and tell her that I hate stupid people almost as much as I hate solid rear axles...I drift a little to the right, look left, give the bird, and swerve hard left pulling up about 4-6 inches short of his door...

As expected the driver yanks the wheel over and then oversteers 3 times before coming to a rest backwards in the middle of the center turn lane...I have been living off of that moment for the past 3 days. (The gf didnt find it as funny as I did)

Sometimes actions speak louder than words.
indeed they do
Old 04-07-2006, 11:22 AM
HJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr. WOT,Apr 7 2006, 02:47 PM
indeed they do
I'm going to have to agree. But what you do is your choice, I just have to say I can't agree with the course of action taken.

To keep on topic:

My boss (drives a new CLK55) always use to ask me if the S2000 (when I still had it) was a Singer. The sewing machine company for those who don't get it, he had to explain to me for me to find it funny.

I always get kids saying "wohhhh, look at that" when I drive through neighborhoods, it always used to put a smile on my face.

There was a time when the DHL guy used to chase me down on his way to delivery (I know him since he delivers to my office) and scream out the window: "Get me a job there!" I used to laugh about that a lot. He too used to mistaken it for a Porsche.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:05 PM

been said before, but first for me...and twice too!

rolled through drive thru at McDonalds

worker1: nice car, is that a V8?
me: no, i4
worker1: huh?
me: inline 4
worker1: huh?
me: 4 cylinders in a row instead of a V config
worker1: never heard of it before...

me smiles pull up to next window to pick up my food.
worker2: nice car, what is that a v6?
me: naw, i4...
worker2: cool
me: can i get some ketchup... thanks..
i roll off...
Old 04-17-2006, 04:20 PM

okay got a few more

one of my friends calls my car the

S-Shityourself-2000

his two brothers call it the james bond machine

my great aunt thought it was a bmw sunday?

and some homeless looking guy on a busted ass mini scooter said "is that hondas version of the miati?

me: "yah it is just a lil faster", get in my car and drive away"
Old 04-28-2006, 03:33 PM

I came out of a restaurant in the NC mountains to find a 60 something salivating over my S. I warned hin that they are infectious. So he gives the car a nice compliment on its looks, and then says he did not know that the Miata came in a model like this. I tried to tell him it wasn't a Mazda, it is a Honda.

Dude then tells me, "all these two seaters are based on the Miata, this one, the BMW, even the Jaguar."

We just shrugged, dropped the top into the Carolina Blue sky and enjoyed the rest of the drive.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:43 PM

I was leaving the mall recently and stopped to let a woman with a little girl (maybe 4 or 5) cross in front of me. The girl was twisting to see my car so much that she got all tangled up and fell over. As they reached the curb I cruised by, and heard the girl say "Mommy, WHAT kind of car is THAT???".

It ain't no minivan, kid. And your mommy won't want you saying that when you're a teenager

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000