S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 03-27-2006, 06:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Riceboi,Mar 27 2006, 10:17 PM
I'm curious why some people act like this? Are they trying to show they know about the s2k? Are they just ignorant? They are probably thinking about the Mazda Miata.
I think they see the car and think they know more than the owner about it The Mazda Miata theory does sound right though.

Originally Posted by cvc2nr
What are you talking about... I opted for an automatic transmission.

Funny stuff. Those people annoy me by just reading what they said.
..can I have your autograph?

I am sure many of you have gone through at least one of the scenarios above.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm pretty sure there was an option for an auto trans a couple years back. maybe not in the US though.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:46 PM

I don't know if it's funny, but I was certainly surprised (even amazed).

Saturday night I was heading home, running down a local back road at a conservative 80 MPH. Yes, the speed limit was only 45, but at night the road is deserted, and 80 is not at all crazy. Then as I come around a left hand bend in the road, my RADAR detector starts to scream. A cop had just crested the hilltop coming the other way. Just my luck. Cops NEVER patrol this road at night because there is no traffic. I checked my mirror to see the car pull over, start a U-turn, and fire off the lights, and rather than waiting for him to catch up to me, I just pulled over, turned on my 4-ways, and got out my license and proof of insurance.

The cop walked up to the car and asked me, "How's it going?"
As I handed him my paperwork I said, "Well, I was having a great time until you caught me on RADAR."

The he said, "Did you get the supercharger on the car yet?"
"Yea, wanna see?"

So here I am standing beside the road with a cop car behind me, lights flashing, and we're standing there looking at the motor. We talked about the car some, then about CCR, then he introduced me to the rookie who was riding along for training. I don't even remember when he gave me my paperwork back, but after we talked for a while, they both said a nice goodby and headed back to their car. No ticket, no warning, just a confirmation that he'd clocked me doing 74 in a 45, and it was like it was no big deal. As he and the rookie headed back to their car I heard one of them say to the other, "Man, that's a badass car!"

Maybe it isn't funny, but it was certainly cool.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:53 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

^ I like reading long stories

so basically, CCR is like a get out of jail free card
Old 03-27-2006, 07:31 PM

Back when I was driving a Lotus Europa a small town cop pulled me over just to ask a few questions about the car. I was on a cross-country trip and it was 2 in the morning. That encounter woke me right up.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by [zman
,Mar 27 2006, 07:42 PM] i'm pretty sure there was an option for an auto trans a couple years back. maybe not in the US though.
You're kidding, right? I'm just gonna assume you're kidding.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:38 PM

This happened this Monday morning:
'Miata' "vs" Solstice, yes, yet another Solstice encounter
Old 03-27-2006, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by geekd,Mar 27 2006, 08:24 PM
Last weekend, I was driving around in Point Loma (San Diego, CA), slow, it's residential. Two little kids, like 7 or 8, were standing on the sidewalk, and saw me coming. One kid's mouth just drops wide open.

So, I push in the clutch and rev it up, and then the other kid's mouth drops wide open.

It was classic.

-geekd
Slightly off-topic, but I sorely miss Point Loma. I gre up there, and in fact sold my house out there before moving to Texas. I used to live up on Bermuda Ave. Anyway, nice to see a fellow Pt. Loma/OB'cian on the forum.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by HiPER,Mar 27 2006, 10:53 PM
^ I like reading long stories

so basically, CCR is like a get out of jail free card
Not really. One of my partners gets tickets all the time. Actually, two of them get lots of tickets, but one of the two usually beats them in court. My driving record is clean right now, and tickets are extremely rare, because I'm extremely cautious about when and where I speed, but when I do get a ticket I just pay it. Well, there have been two exceptions, where I was given bogus tickets that I fought (and beat), but those were outliers.

However, I have always gotten along well with the constabulary. We live in an area where the politicians and cops know everyone, even if we don't know all of them, and my family has a long history and good reputation in the county. My family name is also recognized and well though of in surrounding counties, so sometimes some of my vices are overlooked. I know that the local politicians have talked about me and my cars during some of their meetings, and I'm told that they think of me as a "free spirit" (whatever the heck that means ). Over the years I've brought a lot to the surrounding area (little stuff, but lots of it), and sometimes I get a little payback. It's not that anyone owes me, but just that whatever goes around comes around.

I've been given warnings when I should have gotten tickets more than a few times, but this is the first time I ever got by without so much as a single word of warning. I think the only reason he stopped me was so he could see the supercharger (and perhaps to impress the rookie).

Living in a rural southern community is certainly "different."
Old 03-27-2006, 08:20 PM

[QUOTE=Ed_Grant,Mar 27 2006, 11:31 PM]Back when I was driving a Lotus Europa a small town cop pulled me over just to ask a few questions about the car.

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000