S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 03-11-2004, 04:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn Rob...that's harsh.

The only thing that I can recall was some kid in his girl's Bimmer ask me how fast I've gone in it and when I replied only about 120ish, he looked extremely disappointed like I should have said 200 or something like that.

Around here mostly people don't say anything, but rather ding/dent my doors with their giant massive oversized doors that they feel they must swing as wide as possible and hit my car in the process in order for them to exit their cars.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:00 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2000celicaspeed
Some girl was in her boyfriends busted ass car and says to me "compensating for a little dick?"
Old 03-11-2004, 05:15 AM

Originally posted by nownor
Damn Rob...that's harsh.

The only thing that I can recall was some kid in his girl's Bimmer ask me how fast I've gone in it and when I replied only about 120ish, he looked extremely disappointed like I should have said 200 or something like that.

Around here mostly people don't say anything, but rather ding/dent my doors with their giant massive oversized doors that they feel they must swing as wide as possible and hit my car in the process in order for them to exit their cars.
NJ, land of the SUV. Why the hell they all need SUV's in a state that get snow 5 times a year and only for an inch or two I'll never know.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:18 AM

It's like a JapaneseFerrrari....
Old 03-11-2004, 05:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last night an insurance saleman was in to give my wife and I the pitch for a "full" line of insurance - you know the whole package of life, home, Auto, etc. I had given him some information when he made the appointment last week, including our auto information. He had never heard of an S2000 and told me that it wasn't a "spec" car!!!!! Next week he will be back to give me the numbers. I will let you know what his comments are, but to give you a clue, his comment was "S2000, that's like a DeSol isn't it?" Yeah sure it is! I think I'll park it out front before he arrives!
Old 03-11-2004, 05:47 AM

My best one so far is when i was driving down the highway. I was hit in the rear quarter pannel 3 days b4 this happened. a kid in a 03 civic thought he was hot shit and tried to mess with me. he pulls up nest to me crusing at about 60. he puts his buddy in the passenger seat puts his window down and says "yea buddy i think u need to take ur car to a bodyshop". Then he tries to puul away thinking hes a tuff guy. So i just mess with him for like 4 miles. then the kid in the passenger seat tried to be a smart ass againg and pulls a $20 out and puts it against his window. That pissed me off so i just droped it a gear and floored it. I left him in the my dust, all he could here is my invidia exhaust screaming. at the end i was doing about 125 passing people on the highway by driving on the on raps.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:04 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SweetGP20
Old 03-11-2004, 06:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread rocks!
Old 03-11-2004, 07:29 AM
WPS

Originally posted by MattG
Hmm, I find since I bought the car, that friends/relatives etc only say "hi" to me but always ask "how's the car going?". Maybe I need to make my car talk (ala knight riders car) so it can answer them for itself.

M@
i hate that. i used to get that with my bmw. how is the bmw..etc. i dont want to be known as that bmw guy. and people who buy bmw are either car enthusiasts or badge hounds,status whores. i couldn't stand the stigma that went with the brand.
i love the fact that when someone asks what car i drive , i can say honda with a smile. they wont predetermine in their head that im some spoiled rich kid. people who buy the s2k are enthusiasts, it's not an easy car to live with, and it's a honduh . i feel right at home

btw. slk230 came in manual, auto was an option. albeit a not so great shifter
Old 03-11-2004, 09:03 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by redsound

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000