S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Full Coverage Insurance on s2k

Old 10-30-2005 | 02:40 PM

Default Full Coverage Insurance on s2k

i have a spa yellow s2k on hold for me at the dealer with a nice deposit on it..now the car wil be mine tomarrow evening around 7pm..

that is, if i can afford the insurance..

now since its getting financed through honda. that means i will need full coverage..

so i was wondering if you guys could please state your name, where you live , the yr of ur s2k and how much insurance is a month for full coverage...

ive heard upwards of 900 a month..there is no way i will be able to swing that so...ive also heard around 330 a month...now does the bank say what kinda of full coverage i need? can someone care to explain? thanks alot...

i live in west virginia, im 18, with no tickets or wrecks..

i will find out what it will be tomarrow when i call my insurance company (erie) and see what they have to say.. if i can put it on my dads insurance, that would be great, but i dont think i can because he is not cosigning in the first place..

thanks for your time and effort..

brian
Old 10-30-2005 | 02:44 PM

hey man im 20 and ive got one wreck, mine is 300 for full coverage so it might be a little less for your just shop around you can find something cheap
Old 10-30-2005 | 02:47 PM

Is the car only going to be in your name? If not, get insurance for the person whose name is on the car loan. You can drive it and pay cheap insurance.
Old 10-30-2005 | 02:48 PM

You'll want to find someone the same age as you, as well as in the same location as you. These are two major deciding factors just because there is age brackets where your insurance will be cheaper or more expensive, and there is also the factor of where you live to add in theft, accident %'s.. stuff like that.

Rough estimate, for a teen at 18, I'd say right around 250-350/month. You can check Geico for an estimate, just for that, you aren't required to buy it. Or if you still live with mom/dad.. put one of their names on it and swing the insurance under their name.

Drive safe
Old 10-30-2005 | 03:20 PM
vbb

Upwards of $900 a month for insurance? Good lord what did that guy have on his record? He must have been 16 with 3 reckless driving tickets or something.

Anyway, like other people have said, insurance quotes depend so much on the individual it's tough to really say what you should expect. Age, driving record, location, marital status... all of those things can equal hundreds of dollars of difference per month for insurance.
Old 10-30-2005 | 03:24 PM

like what one member above posted..(put the insruance on the co signers name) well i cant because my mother is under my step dads insurance because she drives his car. so im screwed there..

it will have to be under my name, my policy...i just went state minimums and high deductiables at nationwide.com and got around 365 a month...OUCH...

i was just wondering what other people pay, im not trying to get my hopes up. but i will really find out tomarrow when i call my insurance company and see what they say..

no one around here has an s2k and is 18 like me. so if it really does go by statistics, it shouldnt be much because there would be nothing to go by.. just a 2dr sports convertible..wouldnt you think?

my insurance is with erie and they are one of the only ones that dont require non insured motorist injury and collision insurance..but wow thats taking a risk right there...

so im hoping for the best..

ive been trying to find young guys around 18 with their own policy and i cannot seem to find any...

imma be heartbroken if i cant get this car after all, its just sitting there behind the dealer with my name on it...
Old 10-30-2005 | 04:26 PM

A LOT of people end up debating about this issue and then it leads up to age and ownership debates as well im guessing ppl are too lazy to put on the flame suits since this has been talked about countless times. But uh ya good luck w/your insurance i guess but insurance for an 18yr old is going to be pretty rough. Just so you know insurance + monthly payments (if it already hasnt been paid in full) + yearly maintenance costs + a set of tires (almost every year if not earlier) builds up and for some people might be way more then what they thought as of payments good luck tho.
bye.
Old 10-30-2005 | 05:22 PM

well i work in a shop...maitenance is no problem...and i am also giving them all the TSB's that i want fixed that i know this s2k has problems with and have them fixed under the warranty (if it falls under warranty) but if not ill be sure to fix it my self..

but im gettin places now.. nationwide seems to be the lowest, but im sure when i call tomarrow to my actual insurance company it will be lower...

thanks guys, keep em coming
Old 10-30-2005 | 05:42 PM

I'm 21 with full coverage and the insurance is under my name alone. I pay around $200/mo for full coverage. I went with esurance.
Old 10-30-2005 | 05:42 PM

Maybe you should tell everyone where you're from because what I pay for insurance is California has absolutely no bearing on what someone else pays in another state, city, county, zip code, etc.

With that, I pay about 100 a month for full coverage in the bay area.

Quick Reply: Full Coverage Insurance on s2k