S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Fujitsubo vs Spugen Dual Oval?

Old 03-23-2004, 04:25 AM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Fujitsubo vs Spugen Dual Oval?

Has anyone heard both? What are the differences between the two?

Thanks,
Jerry
Old 03-23-2004, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also which one weighs less?
Old 03-24-2004, 05:30 AM

Surely someone has heard both?
Old 03-24-2004, 07:07 AM

There are plenty of threads here that contain exhaust pictures and videos for both of the exhausts you listed. Check the comprehensive S2000 Exhaust Library.

SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND!!
Old 03-24-2004, 07:49 AM

I have been to the Exhaust Library. They sound pretty much the same to me. I tried the search, not much to be found comparing these two. This is precisely why I posted this thread. Thanks for your participation. Has anyone heard both of these in PERSON?

Thanks,
Jerry
Old 03-24-2004, 08:38 AM

Originally posted by JerryIII
Has anyone heard both? What are the differences between the two?
Thanks,
Jerry
Jerry,
I had HKS & Spugen Dual Oval/Oval. I am now running the Fujitsubo. It really depends on how loud you want the exhaust to be. The Spugen Dual oval is definitely louder than the Fujitsubo. You'll experience some droning between 3000-4000 rpm. which can be irritating. The Fujitsubo has very little to no droning; it is only a little bit louder than oem. Being a quiet catback system, I am more incline to rev. w/out worrying about the noise bothering other drivers around. Fujitsubo has a deep tone to it similar to a BMW 3 series, and when in VTEC, it sounds very nice & aggressive. I believe both Fujitsubo & Spugen shows some hp gains. IMO, the Spugen dual oval looks better & more like it came with the car/oem. The Spugen is not too showy like Fujitsubo, however, it is more louder.The Fujitsubo is more noticeable for it shinny mufflers, but if you lower your car it's not too bad. Overall, I chose the Fujitsubo over Spugen because it sounds quieter and no droning. Don't get me wrong, the Spugen sounds very nice also if you don't mind the droning. With that being said, the Spugen is also quieter than some aftermarket catback systems out there. I am unsure about the exact weight, but both are at least 10 pounds lighter that oem. Hope this is helpful. Just my .02
Mark

Fujitsubo

Spugen
Old 03-24-2004, 10:10 AM

mhs2k,

Thanks for the comparison. That is exactly what i wanted to know. I drove an S2000 with the Invidia exhaust which is way to loud for me even with the silencers in. The droning on that exhaust would drive me nuts on an everyday driver. Fujitsubo sounds like the winner to me. It is noticeably louder than OEM right?
Old 03-24-2004, 10:32 AM

Yes it is noticeably comparing to oem, but in a performance way, not in a noisy way. Initially, the two exhaust tips seemed kinda long to me, but they are actually growing on me and the more I look at them, the more I like them as they look quality and not cheap. Good luck
Mark
Old 03-24-2004, 10:35 AM

mhs2k is right on the money with his assessment of the Spugen. Pretty intrusive drone in the rpm range he described. I removed mine a few months ago since I do lots of freeway driving, and just couldn't live with it anymore. If you check out the Group Buy forum, you'll see that Bulletproof has got one going for the Fujitsubo right now at a good price. I placed my order last week.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I currently have the Fuji and it's a lot quieter than Spugen which I had long time ago. No drone, all stainless steel, and dyno proven.

Quick Reply: Fujitsubo vs Spugen Dual Oval?