S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Front-End Body Damage Protection

Old 05-26-2003, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front-End Body Damage Protection

There have been several threads recently about front end body damage (e.g., chips in paint, etc.). Based on some of the threads I've seen posted here, I have installed the following front-end body protection. My car has 6,000 miles on it.

Shortly after I got my S2K, I had StoneGuard (www.stoneguard.com) installed at the factory in Bellevue, WA, which is within driving distance from my home. StoneGuard seems to be pretty popular in the Seattle area as there were several new BMWs and Porsches waiting to have StoneGuard applied. The StoneGuard plastic film was expertly installed and looks good on Silverstone. I also had StoneGuard make some doughnut-shaped pieces to install around the door and trunk keyholes to prevent scratching.

I got a front-end spoiler from Handa Accessories (www.handa-accessories.com). The spoiler did not have StoneGuard installed.

About a year after I installed the spoiler, I got a front-end spoiler protector from Coastal Metals Art Gallery and Automotive Accessories (www.hondas2000accessories.com). This protector is a shaped flat aluminum plate that attaches underneath the spoiler. I noted when I put the protector on that the spoiler had some chipped paint. However, the StoneGuard areas showed absolutely no damage.

Some other protective measures I have installed are as follows. I installed a clear plastic cover over my front license plate and applied clear protective shield plastic tape from Griot