S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Fluckin Alarm

Old 03-27-2003, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fluckin Alarm

Question...

I coudn't find my keys this morning so I ended up using the valet key to drive the car to work. When I got to work I locked it using the valet key, not the remote. When I was planning on going home, I unlocked the car and opened the door and the alarm sounded. Now I can't get the damn thing to turn off. I drove it home with it yelling the whole time. When I got home I found my good set of keys and attempted turning the alarm off. It was unsuccessful. I can get the alarm to turn off, but as soon as I open the door, it sounds again. What the heck can I do?
Old 03-27-2003, 01:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, as you've just seen, if the alarm doesn't cut ignition power, it doesn't really do a whole lot of good. Have you played with the alarm remote much? I know that when I accidently set mine off, I need to press the alarm button once to tell the alarm to shut up, then a second time to tell it to disarm. Maybe you're forgetting to disarm it completely before setting it off again with each door opening? Does your alarm not have the ability to disable it through a keypad for actual valet parking times?
Old 03-27-2003, 02:11 PM

it is the factory alarm. Just the horn going bizerk. All my key pad has on it is lock, unlock, trunk, and panic.

i donno...
Old 03-27-2003, 04:10 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

usually the remote unlock turns off the alarm...
try remote lock, remote unlock and open the door. if still a problem, you have a trip to your dealer in your future.
Old 03-27-2003, 04:42 PM

You are using the wrong remote! If the remote has lock, unlock, trunk and panic that is the standard remote. You have two sets if you got the car with the alarm installed. The remote you need is lock, unlock, OPTION, panic.

Scroll down to page 3 and see the difference:
http://www.handaaccessories.com/S2000/s2ksecurity.pdf
Old 03-27-2003, 05:57 PM

if the alarm is the factory honking noise, then put your key in the drivers key hole and turn it right and left , im not sure which direction when the alarm is going off. ive noticed with factory standard alarms when honking the pad doesn't stop the alarm but only the use of the key can only stop it. hope that was useful
Old 03-27-2003, 07:27 PM

Yup, put the key in and turn it, that should do it. I had the same problem with my acura 3.2 tl.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

floord,

Walkabt is correct there are two separate remotes... if you use the one that doesn't go with the alarm it will not work...the option remote is the correct one. My car didn't come with the alarm and I got it put on afterwards. I had this same thing happen to me when I got the remotes screwed up... Keep those other remots in a safe place to not get them confused again!

SweetJ
Old 03-28-2003, 04:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by walkabt
[B]You are using the wrong remote!
Old 03-28-2003, 04:37 AM

Hmmm. I've got the remote on the left on the diagram on page 3. Should I have the dealer change out my remotes? I haven't had any problems and I'm the second owner.

Quick Reply: Fluckin Alarm