S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Floor Jack. *Suggestions*

Old 11-16-2006, 05:49 PM
jah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 2year old sears jack, the front roller jams up from time to time. it always leaks down, the good of this it makes you use jack stands. lite to moderate use.

hate to see how long they last in a heavy use situation. glad i only paid $99 for the sears floor jack

would not want to think how the harbor freight could crush my ribs.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zzyzxroad,Nov 16 2006, 07:02 PM
Here's what I use: http://www.tooltopia.com/index.asp?PageAct...OD&ProdID=11737

It isn't light, but it fits all the way under both ends of the car so you can lift either VERY quickly. And, it only takes about 10 full pumps of the handle to go from low to high.

MAS
Interesting...

Looks like a great alternative to the AC for about half the price.

Any chance you have any pictures of it in use? In particular I'd like to see it under the front of the car while the wheels are still on the ground.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

I bought the silver Harbor Freight jack about a month ago... I had read on this forum that the front could be lifted from the center jackpoint if one put the front two wheels on 2x8s and with the front on stands, the jack would still fit under the diff to lift the rear. However, with the car flat on the ground, I couldn't even get the saddle to lift with the limited handle motion available when trying to lift the rear from the diff. The jack went back to the store. But to be honest, I think I had a defective model. I'd be interested to try another one, as it looked like a solid yet relatively lightweight jack.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by 00CivicSi,Nov 16 2006, 08:27 PM
Interesting...

Looks like a great alternative to the AC for about half the price.

Any chance you have any pictures of it in use? In particular I'd like to see it under the front of the car while the wheels are still on the ground.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

I bought the silver Harbor Freight jack about a month ago... I had read on this forum that the front could be lifted from the center jackpoint if one put the front two wheels on 2x8s and with the front on stands, the jack would still fit under the diff to lift the rear. However, with the car flat on the ground, I couldn't even get the saddle to lift with the limited handle motion available when trying to lift the rear from the diff. The jack went back to the store. But to be honest, I think I had a defective model. I'd be interested to try another one, as it looked like a solid yet relatively lightweight jack.
I wish I had read your post before I changed out all my lug nuts tonight back to OEM. I'll take some pics tomorrow so you can see it in action.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=zzyzxroad,Nov 16 2006, 11:52 PM] I wish I had read your post before I changed out all my lug nuts tonight back to OEM.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:46 AM

Me too, I want to see pics of this Omega jack in action. If it works (reach the front jack point) it's a better deal than my AC jack even though I got a pretty good deal on the AC jack.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:10 PM

Video of Insane Action! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIqXeeaFmlo

Here are some pics of the jack in action. I'm uploading a video to YouTube, as well, for you guys and gals with absolutely nothing better to do than watch some faceless stranger jack up the front of his S2000. I'll post the link once it's done processing.

MAS

Old 11-17-2006, 08:32 PM

awesome, just what i'm looking for!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by zzyzxroad,Nov 16 2006, 08:02 PM
Here's what I use: http://www.tooltopia.com/index.asp?PageAct...OD&ProdID=11737

It isn't light, but it fits all the way under both ends of the car so you can lift either VERY quickly. And, it only takes about 10 full pumps of the handle to go from low to high.

MAS
that thing looks bad a$$, if I knew of it prior to getting the silver harbour freight one a couple years ago i would have gone that route
Old 11-18-2006, 11:06 AM

Video added above.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by zzyzxroad,Nov 17 2006, 06:10 PM
absolutely nothing better to do than watch some faceless stranger jack up the front of his S2000.

MAS

That's awesome, thanks for posting the information, pics and video. I too am in the market for a floor jack and the Omega looks like the winner.

Mike

Quick Reply: Floor Jack. *Suggestions*