S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Flipped at 110 and Lived!!

Old 01-25-2002, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gee, I wonder if Dad learned a lesson? Who buys an inexperienced kid in a $30,000 sports car and turns him loose without collision coverage? The kid got his dad's common sense!
Old 01-25-2002, 01:59 PM

Allan Haggai,

I wouldn't doubt for a moment that the dad passed on collision insurance as a 'subtle hint' that his son should drive very carefully, or he'll lose the car.

Sounds like the kid learned the lesson quite well.

- Warren
Old 01-25-2002, 02:05 PM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by INREPAIR
[B] The turns are on 39, in Somerset, KY just after Northern Middle School. Do I expect anyone to go there.
Old 01-25-2002, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got to admit INREPAIR- I can't fathom a situation where someone buys a 32K car in CASH and drops insurance BECAUSE they can't pay it. If you admit that your Dad just wanted to save the money...then it starts to make more sense. I can see someone dropping insurance, but not because lack of cash if they can afford to go without financing.

I can attest that some of these "45MPH" curves around Kentucky can be taken at speeds as high as 90-95MPH, but not 115. The proof would be in that your car is now in the shop.

-B
Old 01-25-2002, 02:39 PM

One reason to get a little sanctimonious when one of these things is reported is obvious: these all pile up in insurance databases, and eventually result in higher rates for everybody. How many renewals here were lower than the initial rate?

The only proper way to start such a story is, "Man, I was so stupid, I can't believe I lived, I'll never do anything like it again. It happened like this." Even if you don't believe it, you ought to be saying it that way in public, or you deserve to be stomped.

-dB
Old 01-25-2002, 03:33 PM

Huummmm...........

Well INREPAIR I bet you didn't think you'd get beat on like this.....
First, I'm glad your alright, and I hope that you've learned something that you can teach to someone else someday. (I'm not going to say it cause I'm sure that you know what I'm talking about)

Ok hummmm..
Well I'm 26 yrs old, married, w/a daughter. And I can think of many times I've done stupid things in any one of the cars I've owned. Most of which before I was married w/ a daughter. Now I know everyone on this board has done something dumb or stupid in their life that they learned a hard lesson from; INREPAIR is no different. Now I am by no means saying what he did was smart, but I think he knows that. INREPAIR I have no idea how old you are, but you sound young.(nothing wrong with that) Being young is good and bad. Most of the people on this board are older(sorry guys/gals no point intended) and with that comes WISDOM. Most young people lack useful wisdom. I'm 26 and still find myself looking to my folks for insight on how to handle different things. I understand way many people got upset even angry about what you wrote. I TRY to look at things like this as a learning experience. Do I think what you did was foolish, YES. Do I think you learned something, YES. Everyone has something to learn, being young just means you have way more to learn.

I think most people here are just older and wiser than you,(and me), and when they hear a story like this it makes them upset. But I think they fail to remember the mistakes they made along the way in life. Maybe not even in a car maybe it was something else. But we all have done something stupid at one time or another. I think he knows what he did was wrong. Not that is was smart, but maybe he'll be the one to help someone in the furture not make the same mistakes as him. An experience like this SHOULD make you a more cauious driver. I hope it has, otherwise the next time you my not be so fortunate, to get out alive without you or someone else being hurt or dead.
Drive safe and think before you act.

Anyway I think I'm babbling on so I'll shutup now.....

-DK

Old 01-25-2002, 03:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dbrower
[B]The only proper way to start such a story is, "Man, I was so stupid, I can't believe I lived, I'll never do anything like it again.
Old 01-26-2002, 04:19 AM

"I'm a very good driver"...."I've been driving fast cars all my life" WTF? This must be some sort of tape recording that goes of in a teenager's brain right after he wrecks a car that Daddy bought. (We've heard this before)
Old 01-26-2002, 05:37 AM

What's a Darwin? Where can I get one. They sound cool. If we can remove all the airbags and seatbelts and the feaking full body crash gear complete with helmets on the kiddies on trikes, will the world get better? Let's do it anyway. The way it's going we'll have mattresses wrapped around every tree and lightpost to keep the morons of the world alive. You guys wouldn't be beating on this unfortunate kid if his car wasn't full of all that safety crap. We should all walk around dressed as Darwin (did you know his mother and father were first cousins? Sookie Wedgewood raised the little guy right from the start questioning blood lines and such in part do to this) well, I think it caused him some thought, but back to the patrol, dressed as Darwin and heavily armed with bullhorns we would berate and heckle and chant: "You! Outta the gene pool!" Who will fund us? Imagine a fleet of S 2000's racing up to the scene of such events with bullhorns blaring verbal condemnations. I'm getting misty eyed. Anyone in with me?
Old 01-26-2002, 07:41 AM

This goes to all the ones bashing on INREPAIR, can any of you actually tell me that you have never made any mistakes in life, of course not, we all make mistakes whether it is getting late to work missing your wife birthday crashing a car failing a test, all of this things may have different degrees of consequences, yet they are all mistakes, and what we all have to do is learn from them. Now if he goes and crashes again in the same form then he will be dumb, since he did not apply his previous experience to his future life. But we all make mistakes that is what makes us humans, some of those mistakes will end up killing us some will hurt the us or the ones we love but through out life no matter how old and wise we get mistakes are bound to and will happen, so cut him a break i m 21 -22 in july and i know mistakes will happen till i die so i try my best not to make them but they will happen.

Just my two cents

Quick Reply: Flipped at 110 and Lived!!