S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Flipped at 110 and Lived!!

Old 01-22-2002, 08:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's funny that only inrepair has noticed the real cause of this crash, his looking in the rear view mirror. Since you tend to steer where you look, he probably introduced a small, but sharp, steering input which unbalanced the car. And, yes, the speed was a factor because it lowered the margin for error. A good thing to remember, even at the track.

Inrepair; glad you survived, and glad you learned not to race on the road before you hurt someone. Also, congrats on admiting it was your mistake, taking blame and trying to learn from it.

As for the rest of us, we all know that none of us would drive at dangerous speeds, so we'll never be in a similar situation
Old 01-22-2002, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing we can take from INREPAIR's story is how strong the car is-- that it was even repairable after such a crash. Most cars would have been trash. Gotta love that X-BOX frame!
Old 01-22-2002, 09:11 PM

Forget about fixing it it will never be the same sell it for parts and get a new one since this is going to be alot of money to fix by the time ur done fixing it you might as well get 2 new s2000s or an BMW M3
Old 01-23-2002, 06:46 AM

Hey i live in Lexington Ky right now, at UK give me your number and i will take a look at the site. Glad you lived, but I still have the question at hand, your brother has a 99 vette and you have an s2k but your father dropped from full to liability, did he do that to your brother also....just sounds funny. Please explain.
Old 01-23-2002, 07:25 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chroot
[B]ace039,

A bunch of crap... wow... nice education you got there, sonny.
Old 01-23-2002, 10:21 AM

All right, troglodyte -- now you're making less sense than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest. I'm only getting involved here because of the following:

1) You're entertaining (I've read many of your previous posts).
2) The creationist debate is, in particular, one of my favorite areas of philosophy.

If maybe you though about what I said you would have understood I was talking about all that Darwinism stands for. The statement I said before could be also situated in a natural environment.
Ok, so lightning can strike animals (even the ones who deserve to propagate) at random and kill them, just as cars can strike people (even the ones who deserve to propagate) at random and kill them. Please elaborate, because I see the evolutionary relevance of neither lightning nor cars.

Which is what Darwin was mostly referring to.
Sentence fragments. No meaning without verbs. Hard to understand fragments.

Next time, maybe you should use that brain of yours before opening your mouth.
Engine gauges are in the green, brain is alive. Come now, tell me why Darwin is wrong.

- Warren
Old 01-23-2002, 11:05 AM

I'm no philosophy major, but I do find the area most interesting. And since this isn't my resume, the grammar I use will be on a time efficient basis. I do have to admit that Darwin is partially right. A sick animal has a much higher percentage of getting killed than a healthy animal of the same species does. But the concept of wrong place, wrong time still applies in the animal world as much, if not more than in this world. An alpha male of any species could be standing in the wrong spot and get taken out by a higher up on the food chain behind him. This doesn't make the alpha male weak, just unlucky. If maybe the alpha male didn't stop and sniff that urine on the tree an hour ago, he wouldn't of died. Or if you really want to get deep, maybe if he DID stop and sniff the second urine spot. He wouldn't be the lunch of another animal now. Does this make this creature weak. Or just unlucky? In a similar situation. When I worked for a photography studio in NYC, the studio above mine was poorly kept. And one day their air condition fell front a high of 3rd story window. It landed on a man's neck walking below, almost decapitating him and crushing his skull. I use to think to myself when it initially happened. If the man would of done something soooooo simple as to look at a poster in a store or have thrown some garbage out for even a 1/2 second more he wouldn't of died. Sorry for the length, Oh yea, sorry about all that brain shit, I just got carried away. Funny how were talking this on a car forum.
Old 01-23-2002, 11:24 AM

ace039,

I understand what you're trying to say, but it's not really correct. Think about it this way: every living creature on earth stands a chance of dying due to random events, like lightning strikes, drunk drivers, resentful beta males, whatever. Because everyone has an equal chance of getting killed at random, regardless of whether or not they're fit, the random events have no affect on the average behavior of the entire system. The random events reduce the population evenly; they don't change the ratio of fit to unfit.

Now, if these crazed motorists went out looking only for smart people standing in the middle of intersections, we'd have a problem.

- Warren
Old 01-23-2002, 11:34 AM

my driving has proved that the s2000 can handle that corner at that speed
Ummmm, yeah. No comment.

I have a true hope deep in my heart that you are some 16 year old that drives a riced out Civic DX hatch and you are just trolling over here from Civic SI. Stories like this make me wish I bought a Boxster. The last thing I want is to be associated with someone like you.

Jimbo
Old 01-23-2002, 11:38 AM

True, I get ya. I guess Darwin was right then. But he should have actually better worded his famous little quote. Maybe something like, "survival of the fittest" to "mostly a survival of the fittest".

Quick Reply: Flipped at 110 and Lived!!