S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Flipped at 110 and Lived!!

Old 01-22-2002, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flipped at 110 and Lived!!

Thus my name INREPAIR. Thats amazing too. My brother and I who has a 99' Corvette, seen at www.streetsports.com in Photos, were on our way back to my house when the road opened up. I took this as a chance to see how my car could do agianst his vette. I kicked down and got the jump on him. He caught up with me as we entered the first of two Fourty-Five MPH curves. At this time I was doing 115 and easily lost my brother. But by how much I did not know. This is were I made my worst mistake. I was going through the second turn when I got too curious and glanced in my rearview mirror. That was all it took. My back in started wagging out to the right, then I overcorrected and it went back to the left and on around into 3 360's and slammed ass end first into an dirt embankment. By this time. I just dunked I thought I was dead, my top was down, and I felt the car lift off the ground. I awoke hanging upside down. I unbuckled my seatbelt and fell to the ground. This is were I sustained my only injury. Four stiches to my knee. My car flipped around like a top, my brother recalled, and over onto the top. This happened in April it has been hard for me to even think about fixing it or doing anything with it. Up until this last month I didn't even know if my car was fixable. We took it to 3 different proffesinal repair shop all of them told me it was fixable!!! No damage to the frame what so ever. The body and trunk assembely are a different story. The interior, engine, top: yes the top it landed directly in the ditch- NO DAMAGE. Wow I had no clue that that bad of a wreck could be that fixable.
I have big plains for busted up sweetheart. She's going to get a facelift by C-West, Rims, new hood, spoon suspension, exhaust, and the new Vortech Supercharger, as seen in the new HCI. I'll post pics and Keep you posted on the progress. She goes in tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:24 PM

Don`t take this the wrong way but maybe you should spend a few bucks on a driving school? Just a thought...
Old 01-22-2002, 12:25 PM

If you though you could make a 45mph curve doing 115mph, you are not right in the head. No one can make that kind of a turn at 115, no matter how talented you are with the stock s-02 tires. Unless you have amazing aftermarket tires on your S, that wasn't smart.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:32 PM

You are one lucky son of a b@#$%.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Well, I'm not sure "lucky" is the right word in this case. Perhaps "dumb" is a better choice.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:37 PM

Just what he needs a supercharger which will allow him to waste no time getting to reckless speeds.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:39 PM

The Curve was not as sharp as you might think a 45 MPH curve should be. That is what it is posted at. I have gone through that corner at 115 no sweat before and I have witnesses. The curve is banked to help hold a line through it. It does sound a bit insane to take a 45 MPH curve at 110. But my driving has proved that the s2000 can handle that corner at that speed. It was my lapse in consentration that caused the wreck. I have raced cars all my life, Vettes, Supras, 300zx's, Porsche's, and numerous other honda's. I thought I might share a story that might give someone a bit of warning when you race at extremly high speeds. And will I do it on the street agian. NO. But you can bet to see me on the track when I get the chance.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:45 PM

I agree -- the $6000 for the Vortech supercharger would buy several good race classes, where you'll learn how to handle the car. If you can screw up so badly with 240 hp, you're going to kill yourself quickly with 340 hp. I guess it's Darwinism.

- Warren
Old 01-22-2002, 12:58 PM

Hey i says your at lexington ky, well me too i'm at UK, what road was this?
Old 01-22-2002, 01:40 PM

This happened in April and you're just now getting it fixed?

Quick Reply: Flipped at 110 and Lived!!