S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

First ticket.. I'll fight it!! read on

Old 07-14-2001, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First ticket.. I'll fight it!! read on

Got a ticket today in Milpitas California at 8:55 PM (dark already) right turn on jacklin rd and Park Victoria (very tight turn)

Ok I was on Jacklin about to make a right turn to park Victoria and the motorcycle cop was on park Victoria making a left turn to Jacklin.. So they were on Green I was on red. I slowed down anticipating that some one would make a U turn. Then I take my turn at 5 MPH.. Cop makes a U turn then pulls me over.. Gives me a ticket for red light violation. I told him, how can you tell that I didn't stop, when he was still wearing his Rayban (very dark) and he goes "take it to court". I go, why not put on the ticket that I was making a right.. he said take it to court. I called the watch commander, and told him about the rayban shades.. watch commander goes "take it to court!". I go, I will!! I'll take photo's video and buy that rayban that is issued or the motorcycle cop uses to prove my case.. never got a ticket in 5 years!!!! He even used a flash light to write my ticket!!
Old 07-15-2001, 09:03 AM

Sorry Whooopasss,

Per CA DMV driver's manual:
"A right turn can be made against a red light after you stop and yield to pedestrians and vehicles in your path."

I tried this defense once myself. If the cop testifies you did not stop "COMPLETELY" judge will find against you the defendant. Now, if the cop doesn't show up, you'll have it made ...

Some people recommend you call at the latest possible date before your scheduled hearing and ask to reschedule. This can make it more likely the cop is a no-show on the date you reschedule for. I've even head of people trying to reschedule multiple times. Gook luck! This is a chicken $h*t ticket since you yielded to others and observed the "spirit" of the law if not the letter. Its always a revenue thing with the state of CA though!

-Stookster
Old 07-15-2001, 05:41 PM

will take your advices,.. thanks.. how much is the ticket anyway.
Old 07-15-2001, 06:02 PM

Moments like these really make you think about that earlier thread "Do you hate COPS?". Hmmmm.
Old 07-15-2001, 06:06 PM

Good luck with it ... Don't know how the laws work over there but it sounded like you were definitely not on the wrong side of the law.

Old 07-15-2001, 06:11 PM

Originally posted by Whooopasss
will take your advices,.. thanks.. how much is the ticket anyway.
Probably not too bad, but since its a moving violation, you'll either have to do traffic school or take the point ...
Old 07-15-2001, 06:50 PM

Originally posted by stookster
Sorry Whooopasss,

Per CA DMV driver's manual:
"A right turn can be made against a red light after you stop and yield to pedestrians and vehicles in your path."

I-Stookster
My point is, I did stop, he was 4 cars back on the other side.. that corner is a blind corner from his end (also from My end).. I was a good 20-40 meters from the corner before he made a U turn. So how can he tell I didnt. I was yelling at him that I did stop!! Some cops are cool.. but this guy saw my spa yellow and saw nothing but a ticket!!!
Old 07-15-2001, 06:59 PM

That's the only reason I didn't buy Spa yellow!!!
Old 07-18-2001, 10:09 AM

You know YELLOW and "BLUE" make "GREEN$$"

Car - YELLOW
Cops - BLUE
MONEY - GREEN!

Just a little fun....or could it be the truth!?!

P