S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

first mods

Old 06-08-2007, 05:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly... your first mod should be acquiring a good sense of driving skill... especially if this is your first RWD car. Then worry about all the go-fast goodies. I waited a whole year before doing anything to my S2K to get a good sense of how the car was stock, then started to add yummies.

I was talking to some kid not too long ago (not on this forums), and when he got his license, his parents bought him an S2K and he crashed it within the first week... so his parents bought him another one... crazy.

Andre
Old 06-08-2007, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reds2,Jun 7 2007, 10:28 PM
Damn. I think I paid half that.
You may have, but my rear end was going out so I had a new LSD installed along with re-enforcement caps and stronger axles. Don't want it to break again!
Old 06-08-2007, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by 8kGoodENuff,Jun 8 2007, 05:11 AM
Honestly... your first mod should be acquiring a good sense of driving skill... especially if this is your first RWD car. Then worry about all the go-fast goodies. I waited a whole year before doing anything to my S2K to get a good sense of how the car was stock, then started to add yummies.

I was talking to some kid not too long ago (not on this forums), and when he got his license, his parents bought him an S2K and he crashed it within the first week... so his parents bought him another one... crazy.

Andre
Well that is one way to learn how to drive! Wrap it around a pole a couple of times until you get the hang of it! Who needs a driving school when mommy and daddy will just buy you another car! LOL

On a serious note: I waited 5 moths before I did anything to my S. Just wanted to master the stock feel first. But the last 30 or so days, I have been going nuts on it with mods!
Old 06-08-2007, 07:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by screaminyellow,Jun 8 2007, 07:50 AM
Well that is one way to learn how to drive! Wrap it around a pole a couple of times until you get the hang of it! Who needs a driving school when mommy and daddy will just buy you another car! LOL

On a serious note: I waited 5 moths before I did anything to my S. Just wanted to master the stock feel first. But the last 30 or so days, I have been going nuts on it with mods!
Yeah... seriously... don't know what they were thinking in getting him another one.

I was the same way... I got my full exhaust and intake within 1 week of each other... lol. And now already looking into getting a bigger exhaust and have been doing research on a tune... hehe. Once you start... it turns into an addiction. That could be good or bad... depending on how you look at it... lol.

Andre
Old 06-08-2007, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by 8kGoodENuff,Jun 8 2007, 07:55 AM
Yeah... seriously... don't know what they were thinking in getting him another one.

I was the same way... I got my full exhaust and intake within 1 week of each other... lol. And now already looking into getting a bigger exhaust and have been doing research on a tune... hehe. Once you start... it turns into an addiction. That could be good or bad... depending on how you look at it... lol.

Andre
It is an addiction! It has its ups and downs.
It is great for my soul

But bad for my wallet!