S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

First Experience (Driving, Owning, Seeing) S2000

Old 10-24-2007, 11:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First Experience (Driving, Owning, Seeing) S2000

I'm trying to compile a list of people's first experiences with a s2k whether driving, seeing, or owning one. How'd you feel, what expressions did you make, who you told, what part of the car (engine/tranmission/looks/feel) made you feel the way you felt. I would like to hear your stories. (Oh be as descriptive as possible)
Old 10-25-2007, 12:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can be more descriptive later if u want, but basically, it was a night ill always remember. my friend and I were poor and in college. went to this exotic car rental place and rented the cheapest thing there: s2k. from dusk till dawn, we drove. never felt anything like it and still haven't since. i felt like schummacher even though i barely knew how to drive stick. when the sun came up, i told a friend. he woke up, drove it and went to buy one a few days later. good times.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When i first bought my S2K, i felt like im on a track even though im on a traffic road.(i drove 350z be4). It handles alot better than the Z hands down. I cant find another car that has the same agility as the S. In the straight u can rev up to 9K and pass like a rocket, u corner like u are on a rail. But the only thing im worry about till now, is the twitchy feelin of it, i cant predict when it will slide the tail. Ap1s are really a drivers car
Old 10-25-2007, 01:56 AM

When I first saw the S2000 in a magazine review, I said to myself that I must have this beauty. Then I saw it in my home town and was in love. I was looking for a different colour than silver & black, and then I saw the MCB at the car dealer. The nex day I bought it!

The driving experience was superb, and if I start posting all my feelings about this car it will take a whole book to do so.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My test drive consisted of leaving the dealer lot and some 2nd gear VTEC around the sharp on-ramp. Between that and the 80 degree sunny weather that afternoon I was just a few minute from signing papers

And I only went up there to sit in it and see how it felt. Needless to say it felt pretty damn good
Old 10-25-2007, 03:52 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

I saw my first S on a Honda used car lot in May 2001 (it was a MY00). Didn't know a thing about the car. Was actually out looking for something else. Lots of peeps were looking at it, since there weren't many around then. I liked the looks, test drove it, and bought it on the spot. Not long after, I found out what I had bought! Six and a half years later, and on my second one, I'm still having a blast.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:26 AM

I knew about the S2000 long before it came out. I was in Hawaii and was asking the dealers about the first shipment. They didn't know what an S2000 was.

I kept my eye on it for a few years, read all the rave reviews about how it was the best car in just about everything performance related. As soon as they stroked it to 2.2L I pulled the trigger.

I've been happy ever since.

Tim
Old 10-25-2007, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in my first "S" and what a ride! I didn't know that Honda made a 2-seater until a friend told me about one. I went to the dealer and drove the and I was hooked. I had driven, BMW Z-3's, Corvette's and etc for about 2 months. It took me 1 short drive with the "S" and I was a sold.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the S first came out my older sister wanted to get one so I went with her on the test drive and after experiencing it I thought "it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine". Four years later I drove one off the lot at the dealership.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:44 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

The S2000 wasn't even on my radar when I was looking at cars. I drove everything from G35s to Z4s to Boxster Ss, but couldn't find a car that i really wanted, and then I saw a yellow 03 S on a Honda lot, and thought what the hell.

I got out for a test drive, got into third on the onramp, and just kept going and going and going to redline, which was insane. The car was noisy and unrefined (coming from an Audi), but nice and practical for a two seater convertible. I had the dealership pull the new 04 off the showroom floor and went for a drive in that next, and I was hooked.

Quick Reply: First Experience (Driving, Owning, Seeing) S2000