S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Finding the "Right" Car for Me

Old 09-20-2009, 12:00 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

i have a cousin with a 370z with a few suspension mods, exhaust and intake. i've also tracked it a few times at WSIR. The car was a blast to drive and the instant power you feel at the push of the throttle was very rewarding. The car was well balanced and made for a very thrilling experience. I even went head to head with him driving my evo (he use to have one also) and while i would get annihilated in the straights i closed in easily in the tight turns.

I've driven many Evo X's and they feel somewhat artificial to me. The steering response felt numb and i can utterly feel the weight of the car as well as body roll in tight corners. A good alignment and suspension upgrades really wake the car up though teh weight aspect is still there.

On the track the EVO is a great car and is very easy to drive. Just point the car in the direction you want to go and power through it. it gives you a false sense of confidence in a way lol.

Nothing i can say about the S2000 that hasn't already been said on your thread.

Good Luck! have you posted this question on evolutionm.net?
Old 09-20-2009, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blueprint,Sep 20 2009, 12:00 PM
i have a cousin with a 370z with a few suspension mods, exhaust and intake. i've also tracked it a few times at WSIR. The car was a blast to drive and the instant power you feel at the push of the throttle was very rewarding. The car was well balanced and made for a very thrilling experience. I even went head to head with him driving my evo (he use to have one also) and while i would get annihilated in the straights i closed in easily in the tight turns.

I've driven many Evo X's and they feel somewhat artificial to me. The steering response felt numb and i can utterly feel the weight of the car as well as body roll in tight corners. A good alignment and suspension upgrades really wake the car up though teh weight aspect is still there.

On the track the EVO is a great car and is very easy to drive. Just point the car in the direction you want to go and power through it. it gives you a false sense of confidence in a way lol.

Nothing i can say about the S2000 that hasn't already been said on your thread.

Good Luck! have you posted this question on evolutionm.net?
I did post on evolutionm.net to see what types of responses I would get, I wanted to balance out the bias opinions on three forums. A lot of people on evom mentioned that if I were looking for something strictly for fun and impracticality, then the s2000 and 370z are good choices. A lot of people did say mod for mod that the evo x would be a better choice.

So far the I've asked two dealers to see if they could find me an s2000 since none in south fl are available. He mentioned a white with red interior and a black with black interior, but hasn't gotten back with me yet.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, I am totally going to get called out for whoring here, but just look how beautiful the S2000 is............ and as far as perfoamce goes, you can always upgrade the "heart"of the car, but not the "soul"if you know what I mean.......

FYI I just took off the turbo so I went from 320RWHP---->>>>200RWHP and Istill (after95,000miles) LOVE DRIVING this car, the sound of VTEC just makes me smile, and the gear box is simply a work of art. The lines of this car are timeless and lets face it...............its is more "rare" than the others, just makes it that more special. The interior is by ni means dated, I think it looks great, it may not have all that other cars have, but to me thats just bullshit to get in the way........Either way they are all great cars and you can't make the wrong decision here.

BEFORE YOU BUY, go play around in VTEC, thats where this car shines............

Old 09-21-2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Benihana,Sep 17 2009, 05:18 PM
I got to talk with the GM at another dealer about getting an s2000, but he has none in stock. So what we're gonna do is see if we can do a dealer trade with another dealership out of state. We'll see!
Great to hear you finally got to test drive them all. So what's the word? Seems like you're leaning towards the S if you're asking for dealer trades.

This thread has me thinking about taking the local sale rep's offer for a test drive in the 370.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:55 PM

dont get s2k if you cant find one in stock. you will probably get a bad deal
Old 09-24-2009, 05:01 PM

Need someone who can do a carfax report for me ASAP! Would be MUCH appreciated!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:30 PM

NVM I just bought one instead!
Old 09-24-2009, 09:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you find one you like then?
Old 09-24-2009, 09:34 PM

I was gonna trade in my s2000 for a 370z until they were only going to give me $14k for a car I owed $20k in.

it was about a year ago when MY05 had 27k mi on the clock.. but then the 370z had just came out so maybe that was a big factor.

370z looks great on the road though.

sti/wrx/evo is in a different category imo.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:09 PM

Keep us posted!

Quick Reply: Finding the "Right" Car for Me