S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Finally my S got some attention

Old 02-15-2011, 11:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks but at least you didnt get the whole passenger side like I did
Old 02-15-2011, 11:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea that does suck. Plenty of that has happened around the S2000 world though.

For me it was 2 years ago that i posted quite the irate thread about driving and stopping at a stoplight only to hear a loud crack sound. Upon further inspection someone had thrown a rock at my car. My passenger rear quarter panel was dented about 1/4 inch deep, chipped away about a quarter size worth of paint down to bare metal. Insurance deductible was the same as yours so I payed out of pocket. Not sure if i was over charged but it cost me $486 and doesn't look like anything happened.

Things happen though, it's just too bad no one can ever catch the people that does this stuff.

edited because i have trouble spelling things correctly
Old 02-16-2011, 05:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats down to the primer. theres no red paint in that scratch for me to work on. a body shop needs to fix that.
for a temp fix i can fill it in with a medical syringe.
it has to be repainted eventually.
you can stop by today for me to take a look but ill probably tell you the same thing i just typed.
sorry man, that sucks.
call me if you want me to fill it in with the medical syringe.
you would need to bring the touch up paint. i would need to get some needles from rite aid lol. they usually make me sign something saying that i purchased the needles lol. i can do it friday if you want.
give me a call.

i read your pm a few mins ago.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:24 AM

Received 214 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by s2krazyyy,Feb 16 2011, 03:06 AM
That sucks but at least you didnt get the whole passenger side like I did
Ditto. But the drivers side. right across the door handle. Cost me 1500 bucks, three years ago.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:04 AM

Received 416 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Deception,Feb 16 2011, 12:50 AM
that really sucks man..

How deep is it? Can you catch your fingernail in the scratch? If you cant, then a good wetsanding, compounding & polishing might get it out, or at least most of it.
umm, not sure if serious.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:24 AM

That sucks. This is why I could never own a nice car if I had to live or park in the city without a garage...well this or seats being stolen.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:28 AM

I feel your pain, i really do. 4 s2k's to include mine, got keyed last week. All four of us parked together no double spacing on parking, not being ricers, just enjoying ourselves at the bar. Check the N.Tx forum. Mine was keyed from my front fender allllll the way to my tail lights. There's plenty of hatters out there man.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:16 AM

to make things worse my gf discovered a HUGE crack on my windshield right behind the rear view mirror this morning. i think it happened sometime last night because i don't remember seeing that when i washed my car in the afternoon. i also couldn't see it because it was hiding right behind the mirror.

i'm starting to think this car is bringing me bad luck..hopefully this is the last of it because i'm done spending any more money on this car.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:36 AM

Sorry to hear about this. Haters suck, but as another member posted, if you are probably gonna still park on the street, it might be useless to try and get it fix with a chance of it happening again. I would wait until you have some type of garage to park in before getting it fix if you chose to. Wait a few weeks. It might just blow over and not seem as a big deal to you as it does now. If it really bothers you, than do what you need.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:57 PM

sorry man, but like mentioned above, looks like a body shop job to me. I keep hearing alot of horror stories about people doing stupid things to peoples cars, If I were to EVER catch someone doing some shit to my baby, I guarantee I'd be going to the pen, but would definitely be going happy. That really sucks.

Quick Reply: Finally my S got some attention