S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Finally my S got some attention

Old 02-15-2011, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Finally my S got some attention

Hey everyone,

Never thought I'd make a post like this on here but I came out this morning to go to school and discovered a long scratch on my driver's rear quarterpanel. Then as I inspected a little more I found another one in the middle of my door. At first I thought maybe it was just a rubber streak or something that would rub off but upon closer inspection it was definitely keyed, and keyed deep. My car hasn't moved for about 8 days (and unfortunately I have to keep it parked in the street) so I don't think I did anything to piss anyone off...so some !@$@# must've been jealous.

Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone has ever had this happen to them and wanted to know how I should go about getting it fixed. As for the scratches themselves, I couldn't really get it well on the pictures but on the door it's about 6" long and on the qp about 8". The middle of the scratches go in deep, I'd imagine it was scratched down to the primer. How much can I expect to pay out of pocket for this? I don't want to get the insurance involved since my deductable is 1000$ anyway, I'm hoping it wouldn't cost anywhere near that. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

QP:

Door:

QP2:
Old 02-15-2011, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 02-15-2011, 08:40 PM

^why do you have that gif of that chick dancing in your sig? lol

OP: sucks man! ****in haters
Old 02-15-2011, 08:49 PM

at least its not down to the metal but its definetly down to the primer sucks
Old 02-15-2011, 08:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

that really sucks man..

How deep is it? Can you catch your fingernail in the scratch? If you cant, then a good wetsanding, compounding & polishing might get it out, or at least most of it.

If you dont have the stuff to do it yourself call Big A (Andrew). He got a nasty scratch out of my door a few weeks ago. You can still see it slightly, but its so much better than before.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:01 PM

that sucks man. From the way it sounds, you live in a city/urban environment, and the car sits for days at a time unattended. Nothing wrong with that, but I personally wouldn't run out and get it fixed if the car is going to keep sitting on the street. I'd hate to spend a lot of money getting if fixed, only for it to happen again.

It's just one of the shitty parts of not being able to garage the car and living in a cityish environment.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:29 PM

I think it will take a bodyshop to fix those grooves. Sorry.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:32 PM

deception - yea i'll probably hit him up tmr..first person i thought of actually

acab - i see what you're saying..i live in a residential area in nyc but there's a random bar across the street from my house and my guess is that one of the customers could have done it..because my car was untouched all this time. it bothers me though, but if the repairs are thru the roof i might just live with it..
Old 02-15-2011, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by realblag,Feb 16 2011, 04:29 PM
I think it will take a bodyshop to fix those grooves. Sorry.
I was quoted 700$ to fix one scratch from my back left QP, it all depends on where you go and the worksmanship etc.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by m R g S r,Feb 16 2011, 12:40 AM
^why do you have that gif of that chick dancing in your sig? lol

why not?

Quick Reply: Finally my S got some attention