S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

finally happened to me.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jrs21c
Sorry to see that.
Happened to me while traveling this May. Parked my car on a NY street for 3 days. Nothing happened.
President Obama came to the city for a commencement speech. They decided to change the route and use the street I parked. (yes we checked everyday to make sure if the street needed to be cleared). I even asked a police officer if I should move my car. They told me I don't have to.
Either way, police moved my car early in the morning to another street and found it like this:

Nothing was stolen as I didn't leave anything in the car.
Statefarm tried really hard to help me, but it was such a headache doing it far from home, (besides I was staying at my friend's place).

Found a nice shop where they fixed everything in 3 days (order the part, installing, and pick up day). I had to pay the comprehensive deductible though. (I changed my policy to $0 comprehensive ded. and the rate went up $5/month!!!!!!!)

Call your insurance. Reps don't know what S2000 is, but I found that they are willing to help. (I talked on the phone that day at least for 4~5 hours) I am not sure how much you can get for the depreciated value though. I didn't claim it for the top.
Hope you take your time and find an OEM top. Mine was an aftermarket replacement, but I didn't have a choice. I had to get it fixed ASAP as it all happened the morning I was going to leave.

Good luck and hope everything works well.
Just decided to change my deductible from $500 to $100, and it costs $11 extra a month. Now I am not as worried
Old 07-16-2012, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the exact reason I chose a $0 deductable on my S2000 for vandalism and $1000 for crash. They even them selfs out on the monthly payments and if anything like that happens im not out a penny. I hate theives
Old 07-16-2012, 06:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks. Everyone's insurance is different. If you have a good relationship with your agent then they should try to do what will please you.

Good luck!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:24 AM

Damn, that sucks!

As for getting a hardtop, to me, that defeats the reason I bought a convertible. Unless you plan to pop it off often, you are ending u[ with a differwnt cat than you originally bought.
Some prefer a hartop, though.

-m
Old 07-16-2012, 08:57 AM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

This waiting for the insurance to get back to me sucks.
I don't know what will happen with the stereo.....hopefully its covered too being it was aftermarket.
Gonna get estimates later today
Old 07-16-2012, 09:14 AM

That sucks big time man. when i see this happen to people i

But id take the money and by a hardtop
Old 07-16-2012, 09:23 AM

Hoping the frame is bent too on the top so it adds more....it folds down but not as flush as is once was not sure if that's cuz of the tear though.
I plan to just, money provided, to buy a hard top and patch the softtop at a later date just to have it as back up in case of a storm or going into a store, etc. I either like hardtop or top down. Never been a fan of the soft top up as its just too Damn loud inside
Old 07-16-2012, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
Hoping the frame is bent too on the top so it adds more....it folds down but not as flush as is once was not sure if that's cuz of the tear though.
I plan to just, money provided, to buy a hard top and patch the softtop at a later date just to have it as back up in case of a storm or going into a store, etc. I either like hardtop or top down. Never been a fan of the soft top up as its just too Damn loud inside
for this

The frame might be a little off from the D^%$# head climbing threw the roof

I have the Hardtop on or no top at all. Beside the hardtop's looking good it gives me a extra sense of security at night. The county i live in has a high rate of car break ins as well.

Are you gonna go OEM, Mugen, Spoon?
Old 07-16-2012, 11:02 AM

JUst got off the phone. THey said if the damage is 2500 or under which it won't be I don't think.....they can issue a check to me And I can do what I want. if it is over...they can issue a check to me And the lien holder....so I will probably have to get it approved based on that,...I don't think it will be hard to get approved for an oem hard top since I don't owe much, 6k ish.
THe stereo is another story.... will update as things progress
Old 07-16-2012, 07:41 PM

went to a few places for estimates today.
2 shops were 2k give or take a hundred bucks for a replacement with a Robbins top.
the Honda dealer body shop was just under 4k with frame replacement and oem top of course
i like how they want to replace it all, not just bend it back, i figure if that happens, hollow aluminum will weaken and eventually crack causing a sharp edge to go through the vinyl top again.....so now i gotta meet with an adjuster and tell them i want it fixed at the Honda dealer body shop but to cut a check to me and my bank so i can go get one of the berlina oem tops for sale in the classified

Quick Reply: finally happened to me.